2 questions regarding Vray rendering (weird aliasing)

fashlof

So I've tried to get rid of 2 problems in my render. The first problem is found on the right side of the image at the door and window. I'm getting some weird aliasing that I can't seem to get rid of, and I have no idea why it' there or what is is - hence why I can't search for anything to fix the problem.

my other problem is that my picture gets super grainy in the back of the image. How can I fix that?

problem-1.jpeg

Your have high settings here. I'd lower the DMC sampler Noise Treshold to 0.002 and I dont se the need to have "4" in the global subdiv. multiplier. Try a smooth AA filter or no filter at all; you can sharpen later in PS. Try rendering to a black background and see what happens.

It's probably not much but I hope it helps.

This may be because there is a big difference between the float value of light intensity from the outside compared to the inside. Right click in the image in the VFB to compare these values. You could try to turn clamp output on under the colour mapping rollout and perhaps sub-pixel mapping as well. As mentioned the type of AA filters can contribute to this problem

Thanks so much for the help so far guys! I had some other stuff coming up so thats why it took me a few days writing back.

The problem with the jagged edges in the direct light was fixed by changing to exponential and ticking the sub-pixelmapping and clamp output.

So this my current scene is as follows: I got a vraysun and 2 lightplane. one at the door and one at the window. The image is still quite dark on the right side, would you recommend me to turn up the light planes or the sun a bit more? or adjust the camera settings (iso/shutter speed instead?)

render-fix-1.jpeg

Try with VRay IES lights. You can use them with a variety of IES files; from wide open to tight direct. IES files are not hard to come by in internet. ERCO, for instance, has a bundle of them and they are free. You can adjust color / temperature, intensity, etc. And they are fully VRay compatible (as they are supposed to be).