WIP - Centre for Precision Technology

dantrodgers

1359487195.jpg

Studio/Institution: DanRodgers3D
Genre: Commercial Exterior
Software: ArchiCAD 16, 3ds max 2013, Vray, Photoshop
Description:

wip1.jpg

This is my first of 2 final year projects for Uni. The centre is designed to be mixed use, both offices and labs/workshops for engineers.

This project will have pretty slow progress as the visualisations aren't marked for my course, its more of a hobby so will have to take a back seat if other workloads increase.

any c&c would be great.

Cheers

wip2.jpg

It's looking good, maybe you could straighten up the vertical lines, using the guess vert in the vray physical camera settings...also add more or greater reflections in the glass. Also if possible change the sun orientation to get that orange reddish glow you get at sunrise or sunset along with the soft shadows cast from the foliage and tree in the foreground.

Thanks for the advice. The scene is currently lit with a HDRi and no sun, what would you recommend for adding the sun? Vray sun or just a direct light?

What does straightening up the vertical lines actually do for the image? I've seen it mentioned quite often on here, does it just make it look more real???

Thanks again mate.

I haven't used HDRi's much, but I would just use VRay sun, it's preconfigured so if you set it low from the horizon you automatically get that sunset glow. With regards to the vertical lines, it just makes all the vertical elements ...er.....vertical!. If you have a look at and decent architectural photography (Archdaily.com) you'll see that's what they try to do. Also You see that most of the great cg artists correct the perspective....