Forest Pack Pro Backburner on 1 license

xEndlessxUrbiax

I'm a complete noob when it comes to network rendering via Backburner, I have read a lot about it but still haven't tried it out. That being said, I am looking to purchase ForestPack Pro for our office on one network license. Can I still render out my renderings on the render nodes via backburner with only one network license of the ForestPack Pro plugin?

I'm playing around with the Lite version at the moment and the Library of objects are saved locally on my machine. Do you guys move these to a place on the server for network renderings?

With only one license, only one person at a time can actually edit the file but rendering shouldn't be a problem across multiple machines.

http://www.itoosoft.com/forestpack/reference/license_ug1.php

"You only need to have licenses for the maximum number of simultaneous users expected, not for each computer where the software will be installed....... you only pay for simultaneous users and not for nodes"

In network mode, you will need to make sure everything is on a drive that can be accessed by every machine. Especially if you keep the xrefs in your scene and for your materials.

I attempted to render a forest scene populated with items from the ForestPack Lite plugin using Backburner on several of our office computers. I had to install the plugin on all the render nodes in order for it to work, I believe that is because the Lite version is installed locally, and even though I ran Resource Collector, it didn't pick up on the .dll and other files necessary for ForestPack to work. I hope that if I buy a network license, that I do not have to install the plugin on all the render nodes prior to rendering. I will post this question on the iToo website.