Vray matte shadow problem!

nitingupta1

Hello!

I am trying to get a matte shadow of an object but not getting the correct output.

I am using Vray mtlWrapper to get the output, problem is when I render my scene using vray dome and vray plane light, I did not get my plane object transparent, there are shadows visible but plane object too.

when I use vray sun, there is no problem, I get the correct output. please see attached images.

I am using Vray 3.0

is there anybody help me in this.

matte_vraySun.jpg

matte_vrayDome.jpg

• 8 months later...

Backgrounds in a dome light are not supported. Use the environment background method in vray options environment tab.

Also in the Wrapper Mtl you will need to tick the check boxes for "Matte", "Shadows", and "Affect alpha" -- then set the "Alpha contribution" to "-1"

Like I said, you won't get it with a dome light. I had a long email conversation recently with chaos group support with this exact problem and they told me that at the moment dome light environments are not supported with wrappermtl. They are working on fixing the issue.

Regards

I know it and did it as I said, it works when we use HDRI in env tab instead of using Vray dome but my concern is getting the matte shadow with vray dome as dome light has various other useful options like 'store with irradiance map' etc.

I have a solution for it though...

if we un-check affect diffuse in vray dome, it works fine.

anyways thanks