andrejaleksov

Hi,

I have a stupid question. When I check the bloom effect on, in V-ray 3 lens effects window, after rendering process, there is a message "No channel, please re-render!". I can do it in post-production, but I want to do it in the vray frame buffer. It makes me crazy, because it's the simplest thing I don't know. Please help.

Thank you.

Hello everyone, I rather post it here than create a new thread. I am working with the VrayLensEffects and I only get to see it if I disable the Vray Frame Buffer and I use 3ds max native one. I have searched all over the internet and tried looking into the parameters but I just cannot get it done. I don't know what is the problem. Thanks for your help.

Glare.jpg

The one in effects no longer works. Enable the vray frame buffer, open it, and there should be a button that is called lens effect settings. Click it and you will get a similar menu to the one in the Effects tab. Fill in the same values you had from the effects tab, and re render. Then it should work.

Hi everyone,

Same thing here I have another question related to all that and don't think I need to create a new thread for that.

When I use the VrayLensEffect (until now) I bake it into my renders but this doesn't give me the level of control I'd like to have.

So I tried not to bake it and render the passes but don't understand how to compile the passes in photoshop to get exactly what I'd get in the VFB, do any of you work with the passes instead of baking it in the render ?

Thanks !

Chris

You need to set the mode to lighten in PS on your bloom and glare render elements. This isn't a 1 to 1 match as you would get in the VFB, but with some opacity adjustments on the bloom element it's close enough.

If you want a 1 to 1, combine your base layer(s) and your bloom render element layer into a smart layer. Then go to layer -> smart objects -> stack mode -> and set it to mean (ie average in other apps) and this gets you pretty much exactly what you see in the VFB.

See the first half of this vid about stack modes and smart objects.

You need to set the mode to lighten in PS on your bloom and glare render elements. This isn't a 1 to 1 match as you would get in the VFB, but with some opacity adjustments on the bloom element it's close enough.

If you want a 1 to 1, combine your base layer(s) and your bloom render element layer into a smart layer. Then go to layer -> smart objects -> stack mode -> and set it to mean (ie average in other apps) and this gets you pretty much exactly what you see in the VFB.

See the first half of this vid about stack modes and smart objects.

Thanks Scott it sounds good I'll give it a try !