Tutorials for archviz animation using VRay GPU Next

faizaanaqib

Hello all you beautiful people, I just started my journey in archviz. I tried to look up many sources to rendering an animation using the Vray GPU Next, but hardly was able to find any tutorials with the best render settings. I made an interior scene and tried to render an animation and 3dsmax crashes every time after calculating the light cache, I wanted to look up on how the professionals do it. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Thank you for the response Francisco, my interior scene has about 3 mil polys, the settings are default. Light cache is set to animation, with subdivs value of 3000, and retrace is 8.0, rays per pixel is 16. And I have 16 GB of VRAM, from 2 Nvidia 2070 super graphics cards, connected on nvlink.

Well from what I understand VRay does not share VRam, ( Well there is NVidia VLink but that only work with some Quadro video cards)

in your case, you only have 8Gb VRam.

For GPU rendering not only the number of polygons are counted but also the size and number of textures and complexity of shaders between other factors.

IF this is a traditional Arch Viz scene I would recommend to go with CPU rendering.

I'm not a 100% sure but I read on Bertrand Benoit's blog that Vray GPU now supports nvlink. I don't know for sure if this is the case for all the rtx cards. You could ask this question also on the Vray forums.

As for the crashes. Does it also crash when you render out still images? And is there maybe a Render Log where you can read the cause of the crash (like in Fstorm)?