Moderator Curiosity

_PopArt

Simple

Create a thread

Native english speakers would be better to write the text. When we agree on text Start another thread. If someone agrees. Post ONCE giving his name and email + maxwell forum name if it exist.

The moderator will erase irrelevant posts from the last thread to keep it just a signing list.

I think its easy

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simple

Create a thread

Native english speakers would be better to write the text. When we agree on text Start another thread. If someone agrees. Post ONCE giving his name and email + maxwell forum name if it exist.

The moderator will erase irrelevant posts from the last thread to keep it just a signing list.

I think its easy

Sounds like a plan, but I think Ernist was working on something similar a few weeks ago we should find out from him what he did with it.

It may be better to wait and see what the RC5 is going to look like before we do anything at this point. If they are fished with it like Victor clams then it should only be a week or two more before we see it. At that point we will be in a better position to list specifics, does this seem reasonable to you guy's?

The email i am talking about, is about how "moderators" do their job.

Its like policeman. Someof them think that citizens serve them, when its the other way around. "People" make the law and policemen see that the law is broken. But even if the law is broken, they are not them who decide if it has been broken and what the punishment will be.

Thomas anagnostou is acting like a cowboy. You move i shoot !! :)

that's fine ......i like playing the side of 'indian' as a kid anyhow. How ironic.......

Just for the record ..... i don't have any issues with Thomas personally and to some degree their(mod Squad) point of killing redundant posts is valid, but i also think they've been asked to 'X' any particular posts that might be bad for business. It's just speculation, but wouldn't that be a normal instinct as a company? It may not be popular or democratic, but rather a simple reflex.

So, all is fair in love and war. ........there really are no rules. There's only consequences.

Maybe we should start a "dead pool". Who among us will be the first to be banned from the NL forums? I'll bet on myself. :)

What about me?

For a look at where my thinking was going, read the 'roadmap' thread. I had planned to make the demand a thread on the MWR forum, but at the time found that step 1, getting a statement of policy with regard to refunding the money of the 'fed-up' failed due to Thomas An. deleting my thread. He wrote me by PM:

"Subject: What is the official NextLimit policy towards refunds?

Ernest,

Sorry, I cannot allow this thread. This subject has been brought up in the forum numerous times.

Please try again to contact NL directly by email for this type of questions."

Also--and this is very important--I was not finding much support from others when I posted there about trying to force a solution on NL. The so-called RCs were being released and most people wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt and not talk about any ultimatums.

My goal is not to cause trouble or bring NL down, but to impose some rules upon them that will allow us all, most of us anyway, to wait, watch and help the product. But we cannot be expected to wait and wait and wait while being lied to, banned for pointing out the obvious, and generally strung along like fools.

My concept was a thread where people could, if they choose, sign on like a petition. And they could remove their name at any point. The threat is simply pulling the financial rug out from under NL. That's all we have. One lesson of parenting is do not make a threat you are not willing to follow through on. But with the moderator situation on the MWRforum I do not think the idea will work, so another idea may be needed.

.........apparently Victor has posted a progress report of sorts.

http://www.maxwellrender.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10486

Unfortunately because it seems so similar (in content) to the many "progress" reports we saw, prior to the RCs releases, and sans the now-ridiculous comparison render images, it's kind of hard to take this latest report with any degree of seriousness or optimism. It still feels like he felt compelled to produce something given that he had promised some progress updates in his last update.

Also, particularly when it still seems like he's still dancing around the main issue that was most critical in the Beta and needed to be fixed the most ( at least for Architectural Viz renderings ) - which is dielectric behaviour with sunlight. Until they get this fixed in an appreciable manner ( i.e it doesn't take an eternity to resolve) I can't really see how RC5 can be considered any degree of an improvement; if not just a melange of the beta with the Studio's interface and material editor, while still maintaining problems of both.

In the weeks prior to RC1 release we also received a lot of milk and honey promises regarding the "revolutionary" material editor and the "fantastic" Studio editor only to be woefully disappointed with the final output. Nonetheless I cautiously, await RC5 to see if I still have to model my buildings without glass.

The new post about the RC5 progress is not made by Victor, but written by Mverta in response to my recommendation "However there is a better way to change the atmosphere on the forum. Why don't you, Tom, Thomas An. and the other members of the A-team post some tidbits about the upcoming RC5.Things like: what's in it featurewise, how is the progress, is the light distribution problem solved, are the 'fireflies' all caught etc. Just some info would make people happy and change the tone of the discussions. If there's nothing new, only the last negative experience keeps on people's mind. So enlighten us, you Darth Bleh icon_smile.gif"

He took it seriously, asked permission and shed some light on the current situation. At least that's progress as we haven't had so much info in a long time.