Beta vs V1.0

Adehus

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in all countries were it was a tyrant, all the people who oppose him hardly where imprisoned or killed, and the others were exiled or mocked.

For the people that have recognized the tyrant as a saviour, they believed words like "its all going well...don't believe them !!!"

story has theached us that, so we know how will it end...with a BLOOD BATH.

eheheheheheheh

LMAO :)

Blood Bath.. sounds like a new shampoo from Chanel.. where can I buy it?

Beta vs. V1: material translation -> testing the wizards:

beta |t: 30.2h | sl: 21.69

beta30p2hsl21p692rz.jpg

v1 |t: 12.37h | sl: 15.16

v112p37hsl15p710is.jpg

notes:

- original res. 1600x600 on 2 cores

- v1 materials created with wizards using identical parameters as beta [except vinyl siding - lost material]

- v1 glass is wizard-created AGS - not set to be reflective enough, IMO - see transom above coat closet

...figured since it was a architectural-type image, I'd post here. Constructive input welcome...the v1.1 wizards are still being improved.

~JD

Guest imanobody

I think what people want to see is the same interior lite by interior lights or a bright sun that will illuminate the whole room. Those images are really too dark to accurately judge bounce light. IMHO

I agree, what people want to see are some of the WOW images that were being produced by the beta to be reproduced by V1. I want to see if V1 is at least capable of replicating those kinds of images and how long it takes to do it. These two images look virtually identical with the V1 image looking like it has a little less noise.

These two images look virtually identical with the V1 image looking like it has a little less noise.

They are far from virtually identical. The v1 image has much better definition in low-light areas, like the base board at the bay window and the railing. The secondary bounced light is easier to notice, too, making the beta version look flat in areas like the door jambs (where the sun is hitting right at their base). The reduced noise is pretty obvious, but the other differences are there.

One simple point is that the v1 image has much better contrast which would partially explain the differences, but not completely. Look at the door panels, the wall intersection at the upper right.

So its the same engine but its not the same engine?

Well, this is what I've got for now...so if you've got any ideas...fire away.

For example, I think the bump on the doors is too strong in the v1 image, and although it's a taste issue, the finish on the doors is a bit better in the beta image.

~JD

...oops, hi there Ernest. You're correct...the 2 engines are similar, but in a world of code...to call them 'the same' engine would be extremely short-sighted.

You're correct...the 2 engines are similar, but in a world of code...to call them 'the same' engine would be extremely short-sighted.

In the world of users, what's the difference?

I'm not asking to be a contrarian, but when a company makes improvements to their software (assuming they're actually improvements) they're usually not shy about explaining what's new/different/better. NL certainly hasn't been shy about trumpeting the virtues of their material editor, even in spite of it's less than warm reception. So what's the deal with the 'new' engine?

Richard McCarthy: I thought moderators were supposed to be adults, apparently there not all of them seem to be so which you so nicely proved to us all in your post there.

Ernest & Frances: Thanks both of you :)

/ Magnus

Sigh, it's like trying to argue with a bunch of trolls.. although trolls would make more sense than you guys do.

But i get the message, i'll shaddap from now on unless i have something negative to say.

Thanks

/ Max

I was just humouring you for the fact you were calling everyone on this board trolls irregardless of whether we have actually reply to you or not. Maybe my humour has opposite effect of someone who have no sense of humour, then again, if you disregard people's feeling by calling people and bystanders trolls AND disregard of other people's opinion, maybe you should not expect to afford the same respect others have for you.

maximus, a nice guy on the whole, had the difect of playing the role of the mirth victime which is not.....because he often attack others with much violence and without having been attacked ( a remark to nl cant be considered an attack to him)...

Yep, I think I was the first to reply on that one.

Just to follow up on what I said about adding in some A-leveling and contrast. I took the time to do it.

My version of the V1. Hope Alex(rendertaxi) doesn't mind.