1701 middle river

Cesar R

hi guys, this is a shot of a porject i am wokring on, I made a collage for my desktop for inspiration, haha and I though I'd share it with you.

this property is being modeled in ADT using the wall tools and solids. Its my first time modeling in ADT I usually model in MAX, but I like Cad much better due to precision. however is there a 2D snap like in max??... I feel a little dumb asking these 2 things.

1).what can I do so this ADT file is compatible with regural autocad 2002 ? because when I open it , the walls and windows and doors do not show up at all. they also dont show up in LS.

2). I once read a tutorial on how to make max assigna material based on acad colors.. does anyone know where to find it? (I came across it once online..)

Well thank you for you help and time. let me know what you think of the model. :)

um... my site is dead, .. ill post the image later :(

ok, my site it up again :)

here is the image

1701_WIP.jpg

Originally posted by nuno:

when you export to LS you MUST explode it first to blocks or faces to see them in LS....

best to you,

nuno

No, its not that. No need to explode them, at least not for VIZ. Use the DWG linking tool in VIZ, not the regular import option. Don't remember exactly from there, but thats how you start with it.

Than if you want to take it to LS (Nuno) take it from viz.

Hi cesar.

I used to work with ADT a little, but found it to be not as good of a modeling tool. Its graet for construction drawings, but its not as flexible with its objects, and when it is its a hell to find the settings for it... Also, usually when you do internal modeling you don't want the external to show, and the other way around. But, thats only my thinking of it...

As for your questions:

For ADT objects to show in regular ACAD - go to autodesk site > product support > ACAD and download Architectural Desktop 3.31 Object Enabler. This version was released only about 2 weeks ago. If the link works than its right here .

As for your second question about colors, I'm not so sure but I remember I read a tut about it and even did it once. But since I stopped modeling in ADT I don't remember so well. I'll try to test my memory later and reply again if I'm onto something.

Good luck.

ok, im texturing and rendering...

can someone help me a little bit? I am looking for slate to be paneled on a small privacy wall. and some 8"x8" gray exterior pavers.

render_wip.jpg

Im really happy with my exterior lighting improvement that I posted this pic (eventhough its still in the ugly stage)

:)

Hi Cesar. I will look for the slate stone texture for you.You want it free of joints ( I guess you call it mortar in english, not sure)between each element?

By the way, I have a small question: How do you manage in order to show the pics you post, without having to follow a link? On my posts I only see the link to the pics, they only show up after clicking on it.

HI JCS,

I saw your site the other day, its really great and the work is even better.

when I post and image I hit the image button and cope the URL where my image is hosted. I host my own images on my site.

as far as the slate I would a preciate it. with mortar would be good i guess. pretty much the client wants it layered on the wall. !?

I have a small quesiton for you two: how can you post a wireframe of the second image you posted on the greble topic. I will like to know how much was modeled and the manner in wich i was modelied. Im kinda really starting to get into this sort of art for real. A perspective that shows the whole scene would be or great help and inspiration.

have a nice weeked.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the palmtrees are .... Ok, of course there is a surrounding land- or cityscape missing, it looks a bit empty. And do something with the glass, the windows looks like noone has cleaned them for years. Otherwise well done.

as per your request I update the pic.. go back plz.

One thing I dont understand is how the images tha was regathered looks as if it were rendering with no sunlight compared to the pic above to it. They are the same file just one not reagethered. ?

what is a technique to get reflctions on my glass?

Paul, how would you make drapes or curtains such and the ones on Alfredo's remderimg in LS? I hae posted that a long time ago, but never got an answer, nor I ever figured out how to make them.

I asume that I max or viz I would use a translucent material (shader) is not just map an opacity mat?

Hi Cesar,

I don’t max or viz, so I can’t really give advice there, but…

To get reflections on the glass, maybe use an enviroment mapped to the glass. Or put a backdrop behind the camera and turn on the reflections on the glass material.

The curtains, well, in C4D I would draw to wavey splines for the top and bottom of the curtain and then put them in a loft object to connect/model them. Then I would add a material called “Banji” in C4D that gives the backlighting effect and you can make it partially translucent.

I think Alfredo did his in PS because I didn’t see any diffused light from his drapes on the floor from the sun as it passed through the drapes.

Paul

Cesar, the lighting looks very strange. The shadows seem be coming from the side rather than down from the sun and they are not very well defined. The modeling looks good to me but the textures on the drive seem to be repeating a lot.

You might also want to turn some lights on in the interior to add some depth to the image.

If you can improve the lighting and shadows the image will improve 10 fold. Please cut back on the watermarks!! Good luck.

In my opinion, is too cold for a beach/palms. To white, it clearly communicates "clean" but is not a warm rendering. I do not have the scope of location nor client but I will consider adding warm vs. cold shadows. I know you are adding a blue background, but not sure if you are adding environment light to the shadows and a bit of warm light will help.

These recommended tonalities should be kept at minimum, not to exaggerate, is just a touch.. Anyway jus an opinion.

[ January 22, 2003, 10:56 AM: Message edited by: dwright ]

Hey Cesar,

I agree with the majority of the previous crits although i have some also. I think the sunlight has too much of a cold feeling and needs a warmer tint to it - especially if it's in fla. Your render w/o regathering looks better (i personally stay away from regather myself) although it seems too blown out in some areas. Have you tried fakeosity? You should try DelfoZ's setup. You should find better RPC's or just leave em out altogether.

I also have a comment on the design. The garage door on the left appears really small. As if only for motorcycles or european cars. Also, why are there large glass windows (or perhaps doors?) looking into the garage on the right? The garage on the right also looks a bit small. Anyways, maybe you have a good explanation but i just thought that was odd.

Cheers