Questions about Vray Distributed Rendering

danb4026

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However, it has to be something with maps!

I made a test scene, with a huge texture and spheres with different materials on it, an it renders correctly.

But have no clue what was wrong in previous render and will have to sort it out step by step.

By the way, is there any chance so that I wouldn't have to copy all my 6GB of textures to laptop, and the laptop would be able to use already existing paths on my desktop? It would be also helpful in the situation, when I save some new textures, and I wouldn't have to do it twice to different paths.

So I should add on laptop's 3ds max in 'configure user paths', the folders from my desktop computer ?

And if it's about my problem with different square brightness - it seems we have a riddle here.

I attach two files. In both there is used same wood texture. On the first all's good, on second..... ? why ?

1.jpg

2.jpg

The dreaded 'darker bucket syndrome'.There can be several causes, depending what version of Max and Vray youre running. Ive found it was usually a network problem, a node cant find either a lighting file or a texture or some other asset, maybe an .ies. I have not had this problem since I upgraded all my windows to be W7, use UNC mapping and have >Max 2008 / >Vray 2.0

Max now carries the Gamma info per file (since 2010 I believe)

Tom, of course..! I didn't try that out, but that's it!

I had in the bathroom, behind the camera, one IES light! It was 'web distributed' and placed in the path that was of course inaccesible for the laptop. THANKS! uff..

Now, if You had 2-3 spare minutes to help me out with those assets, please. What and where to set, to be able to use maps on the slave laptop that are placed in my desktop.

Thanks again.

c

hi again folks,

First I lost the whole day trying to solve the brightness problem, and thanks to Tom I managed to solve this, and now this.

I've been trying to render one scene today since morning, using two comps, and for some reasons vray sends to slave laptop the scene info, it says connected, but I can't see 'squares' of the slave during rendering image. I had this problem at the begining, I restarted spawner and it worked.

Now the problem came back, and actually DR works only sometimes, and I don't know why and when. This the printscreen:vray.jpg

When render stops, the slave laptop seems to be working loaded, cause its fan is definitely on higher speed, and doesn't stop. What strange, when I tried to reinstall vray on laptop, it said that '3ds max.exe' process was working, and it's impossible to install. vrayspawner was closed, and none of max processes doesn't exist in the task manager. only restart helps. This could mean, that vray stucks during render and still works, but why?

any clue? idea?

thx

Edited by charlieinolas

Me again,

Today morning I launched the same scene on laptop, and desktop was my slave.

This way everything works fine..

I also checked speeds of both comps on a test scene to be sure that's not the problem, and if laptop being as slave can catch up desktop-difference is about 20% in favour of desktop, so it's rather not possible that laptop was SO late.

guys,

---> I think that problem is in Maps or paths

While launching this test scene in DR (where there are NO MAPS), for 5 attempts laptop was connected and rendered together with desktop 5 times. No delay, no 'server busy' message.

Anyone has any suggestion now why maps may block the laptop, or what may cause the problem?