Jeff Mottle of CGarchitect Joins Smoothe

Jeff Mottle

• Administrators

Hi everyone,

Some really exciting and big news that I wanted to let everyone here know about. (Just got the official go ahead)

As some of you may already know I also work in the architectural visualization industry and have been doing so for the past six and a half years with SMED International.

Over the course of the past several months I have been in disucssions with Smoothe (silent "e"), one of the world's top architectural rendering and creative agencies, based out of London and Manchester in the UK. From these discussions, tons of emails, MSN chats and a trip to London, the decision was made to hire me on full time to start and run the new North American office, which will be based from my home town of Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

This will be Smoothe's third office and their first presence in the North American market.

This week I signed the contracts and tendered my resignation at SMED International and will begin work with Smoothe starting February 10 (with actual business starting a few weeks after that).

I am very proud and excited to be leading their North American initiatives and to be a part of such a well respected and talented team.

Over the course of the next year, Smoothe will be positioning itself into the North American market and will bring with it some of the most talented artists in our industry! It will definetly be an exciting time for me so I wanted to share my good news with everyone.

For anyone that is not already familiar with Smoothe's work you can check out their website here:

http://www.smoothe.com or at

http://www.smoothe.co.uk

And of course I should also mention that CGarchitect will continue to be run and operated by myself with the same passion and drive that you have all become accustomed to. So do not worry about CGA falling off the map.

We will be putting out an official PR in a few weeks, but until then I wanted to let everyone know the exciting news!

Huh, great news for you. When starts the big party, and where ? Free e-beer for all.

So we should start polishing our resumes, at least if we want to work in bloody cold Calgary. Have fun with your new job and keep us informed.

Guest igorknez

Way to go Jeff!

Congrats! well, you got to get some smooth(e) booze gulping event goin'on now (on a tropical island, preferably) cool2.gif

Igor

flaregroup.com

• Administrators

Hey Dave,

Thanks. Yeah I forgot about you guys. We should hook up sometime. There is a growing group of us here in town I'm finding. We are almost on the verge of starting some sort of user group or monthly/bi weekly beer nights/CG nights. Email me if your intersted. Would be cool to get a good group of hardcore CG guys together.

Originally posted by David Knourek:

Congrats Jeff :) Sounds like an exciting adventure, esp for someone from my home town ;)

-dave