Problem adding UVW map to multiple objects

braddewald

I was wondering if there is a way that anybody knows to add a UVW map to multiple objects in a scene. After I import geometry from AutoCAD into 3ds Max I have to add a UVW map (box) to everything in the scene one by one. If I select everything and then do it, I get a giant gizmo encompassing the scene. I have heard of a MultiUVW script from ScriptSpot that looks perfect for the job but I always get an error saying "Type Error: closeRolloutFloater requires RolloutFloater. got: nothing." So I am back to square one. Does anybody know how to add a separate UVW maps to multiple objects all at once. It would help me out bigtime!

Edited by braddewald

Wow... Works perfectly. A million thanks; I guess I need to brush up on scripts. Is there a way to make it an option in a menu, though. Its not hard at all to just go to run script, but the last script (that didn't work) could be put in a menu or a quad or a toolbar, which was pretty convenient. Is there a way I could do this without much fuss. --Thanks again!

Here is a macroscript version of the script I posted earlier.

What to do:

Place the mcr in the directory ../UI/MacroScripts

Run it and drag from the Listener to create a button on the tool bar as described by Brian

--

or

--

Add it to a quad menu by going to: customize -> customize user interface -> quads

Select from drop downs:

Group: Main UI

Catagory: uvw_all (you may have to restart max for uvw_all macro to show up)

Under Action:

Drag uvw_all to desired quad menu

Hit Save... to use your updated ui

You should be good to go...

Edited by illiopic

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As an alternative, Neil Blevins creates the Soulburn Scripts collection that contains as one of the many useful scripts "modifierUtilities" that will perform this task and has been available for many previous releases of 3ds Max.