How Old are WE???

Da_RoCk

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In summer 1998, I told my auntie, I said Auntie, I cannot use a computer. She said, Brian, that's silly, can't you even use Windows? To which I replied, (aged 23) 'What's Windows?' Having already done 6 six years of third level, by then.

I guess us Architect types are very, very busy with our head stuck in the sand eh? Bill Gates, Information superhighway, Nah, must have missed it. I will be 29 in November.

At 24, I was just a complete newb with IT.

24 to 29 just flew for me, but then again, it went from 0 to 100 in terms of computer usage etc. So I was way too busy for most of it, than to really enjoy it fully. Thats going to change!

This post here might show you how I PLAN to get a handle on my life as far as computer filing systems are concerned from now on.[/url]

Brian O' Hanlon.

24 here. My first computer was Compaq Pentium 150 mhz (my brother overlocked it to 166, Intel had actually underclocked the 166 to 150 and sold them as 150's, jerks). We played quake1 back then in high school. Good times. Also I learned ACAD r11 (DOS) in eight grade (1993) - owe that to my architect father who gave us "jobs" after hours where we learned to draft and eventually headed to design school (2 of 3 brothers). Anyways, I'm married and have a 1 & 2 year old. Acutally now I'm stay-home-Dad, work at nights kinda guy. Fun, fun!!

My god... with all these remembrance i suddenly recalled our Mitac 286 with nothing but a 5 1/4" floppy and 3.5 floppy. I was in elementary (1994 i think) then and i fight with my brother because i want to practice typing tutor... and prince of persia too... HEHEHE those were the days...

Well I'm 43 and my very first computer was a Commodore 64 back in 1983 I guess...

Then, around 1985 I bought my first PC!! Was a IBM (of course!!!) with 128 Kb Ram and only two 5 1/4 floppys. Screen was pure phosphor green and yes...Noooo graphics!!

Later I moved to a PC-XT, what a change. My first tought...with a Hard disk this big I will never need more storage (the HD was 10 Mb. capacity).

Later that year I bought the very first mouse for my XT. Price? 260$ !!

What a loooong way 'till today!!!

26 here. ( march 5...Gen 77

I use my Firts pc at school in 88-89. an apple. (some green screen, somme orange screen ) i learn LOGO ,BASIC, pascal and fox :p ...

and my First PC at home was a IBM 386 : 256 kb memory .. 20 megas Hdd , no mouse.. no windows.

Games Prince of persia :p

Virus: Ping pong & Natas

SAludos !

I am 28, 29 in Nov. Using computers since I was 5 or so, my first computer back in 1980 (CP/M, 64KB, including a Graphics Card!!!) my father was a computer scientist veteran as a result I was surrounded by them.

http://www.tonh.net/superbrain.html

Then moved on to Epson QX10, C=64, Burroughs, Amiga (thanks God), Powermac 7100, and PC's..

Cheers,

David

By today I am sure I am unaffected by carpel syndrome.