CGA site very slow lately, at least for me

Jeff,

I know you heard this already, but it is still slow. Last night around 8:30 pm EST couldn't log in. I have a DSL line installed and here at work going on 8:30 am EST still running abit slow and I believe we have a T1. Just wanted to inform you. Good luck finding the solution!

• Administrators

OK, Things should be working ok now, but I'm hoping not too much slower than when the site was working fine. I've had to remove the PHP accelerator for the forum and revert to a plane jane install of PHP. Feedback as always is appreciated.

• Administrators

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the heads up. I've flipped it back to the settings that work until the Zend guys get in. I've gathered all the info they needed to start the debug process. Unfourtunately none of it is conclusive, so I can see this is going to have to get forensic.

Please let me know if you see it go down again.

I figured it was a re-boot or such just now, especially when it quickly went back to normal. Or close to it. I jumped to the home page and clicked around a litle, all seemed OK except one gallery page got a 'service unavailable' page, then worked a few seconds later, and another click got a pop-up window saying something like 'unable to connect' or 'request refused', something like that. What was odd about that one was it was a windows error box, not a browser one (using Firefox just now).

Ah, debugging. Computers are such time-savers--until something goes wrong.

• Administrators

Hey Ernest,

Yes I restarted the the IIS service first and then rebooted the server. All that you saw is to be expected. Anytime you get a Service Unavialble it means either the server is shutting down and you will get a page not found in about 10 seconds or I've restarted the service and it will be back in abot 10-30 seconds.

Just as a general note in case anyone is wondering. If the forum slows, so does the main page as the main page has that list of latest forum threads. The rest of the site works fine.