Using Reactors with Morph Modifier...is this possible?

getalexa

Hi.

I am interested in creating a space that becomes modified based on an agent/character/object moving through the space. This object would have a limited range/radius of effect. For example a sphere moving through a tube would distort the tube as it moves through it. The parameters of change could be different with each sphere, thus if multiple spheres rolled through the tube, the distortion from each would be different and compounding onto the previous sphere's effect on the tube. So far I have been doing this using a morph modifier (faking the effect via animation), but I was thinking there would be a way to do it with the reactor tools...if the ball rolled through the sphere it would leave an indented trail or cause a reaction elsewhere etc...wire parameters?

thanks for any help in advance...

thanks for responding....so do you mean:

Bind the FFD Box (Geometric/Deformable)Space Warp to the Tunnel (box), then use a sphere to deform the ffd box. I am not sure how to link the sphere to the ffd box in a way that makes it affect the tunnel (another object). Would I use a wire parameter? or Reactor? I'm really new to wire parameters, space warps, reactors etc....this is for my M.Arch Thesis...so I really would appreciate any extra advice.

You could use an FFD attached to your sphere perhaps that was linked to the object to be distorted. I've done this to show peristalsis in the intestines.