3ds Max Mental Ray Crashes

Peterhus

I am rendering an animation for one of my current project and for unknown reason it keep crashing every 5 to 250 frames.

Mental Ray error "DB 0.18 fatal: accessing unknown tag 0x2b3a"

I had no problem before until this project and I've tried rendering in in both 3ds Max 2011 32 & 64 bit & download a trail version of 2012 and still doing the same. I can't see what in my project I haven't done before that maybe cause this problem.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks,

Peter

first: go to the autodesk website and look for a service pack! if this does not help try the steps below

restart max and merge one file at a time and rendering if that file does not crash then keep merging the file and rendering until you get to the final object if this crashes then you know what object is causing the crash all you have to do is delete that object do the same as above then delete the old file don't override it save it as a new scene.

as a last resort maybe your max.ini is corrupted that happens sometimes i would delete the .ini file empty your recycle bin restart your computer and autodesk will replace it

i run the error through google read this see if this help? link: http://forums.cgsociety.org/archive/index.php/t-615353.html

Tony

Edited by datacrasher
updated