Help please

jair_gh

Hello, I never worked with vray before, but I decided to start. I made a simple scene with vray sun and global ilumination in order to practice over and over again.

For me the scene still dark and redish, but that's not my point. The first problem I'd like you help me with is the fact I don't know how to achieve more detail on the geometry. On the top of the wall I have a molding that I made, but is hardly visible.

[ATTACH]46302[/ATTACH]

On the other hand, I tried vrayvisplacementmod, I read some about it and I applied it to my wall, but is clear I couldn't do right.

[ATTACH]46300[/ATTACH]

The render with displacement took about 25 minutes, and the no displacement render only five minutes.

I attached the images, and I expect you can help me, I sure you will, since some of you are real masters on this stuff.

Thanks in advance.

[ATTACH]46301[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]46299[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]46303[/ATTACH]

Nothing really wrong with your settings that I can see, it's pretty close to what I normally start out with. I might bump up the light cache subdivisions a bit but that is about it. You could maybe bump up the image sampler max rate to 6-8 and see if that helps also.

You could try a little bit of AO and maybe some more light to help bring out the detail of the trim.