'Connection Extension for 3dmax' or 'Npower Rhino2Max'

Brute Guy

Hello there,

I use rhino for modelling and 3dmax for rendering.

I am about to step up to max 2012/13 and am wondering weather to upgrade my 'rhino2max' plugin or......

...Just go with the integrated 'connection extension software' which I assume is part of any new max release (or is it only part of the subscription package??)

I know little about the connection extension package (other than it is made by nPower), and as its free, it seems I could save some money just using this to import my rhino 3d geometry into max?

Or does anyone know any better packages for importing Rhino into Max than rhino2max?

Thanks!

BG

Edited by Brute Guy

just use the DWG export from rhino then import rhino into max....

import the spline saved in the DWG file you will naturaly import the DWG file. Now the options depend of what you wanna do. If you want to manage the splines as one whole object then check the "Convert to single object" option on.

And if you want assign some different material or tickness to some of the curves then don't check this option. Also you can more surelly manage so set of curve if you assign them to a few layers with Rhino, then the "Convert to single object" will only act on the curves wich are on the same layer. If yu want all the curves to be one different object, you can uncheck the "Convert to single object" option and use "Ungroup" in Max's "Group" menu. The best thing to remember is probably to make your own test. when there are a lot of curve the import computing can take a long time.

Hi mark

all i can find is you can imported as a mesh from rhino then bring it into max. here the tutorials

part 1

part 2

If this does not help then i cannot help you any further

Good lucky

Edited by datacrasher
Change It from Is