AutoCAD Architecture versions_Global vs "US Metric"?

leokac

Hello, I have just installed Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture 2013, and it installed 2 versions, so now there are 2 icons (shortcuts) on my desktop:

"AutoCAD Architecture 2013 - (Global)"

and

"AutoCAD Architecture 2013 - (US Metric)"

Please tell me, what is the difference between them? Global and US Metric.

PS. I opened both versions, and they have slightly different user interfaces.

It's exactly what it says on the tin.

US Metric is basically a version customized for US standards and global is well... global.

In UK for example you have an UK version as well.

So is it safe to uninstall the US Metric and Global Versions and keep the UK version only? Would those two be any good in any situation anyway? Thanks :)

(My only concern is that they might take up precious space in my HDD, that's all. Or do they?)

Edited by vietdam

• 2 months later...
So is it safe to uninstall the US Metric and Global Versions and keep the UK version only? Would those two be any good in any situation anyway? Thanks :)

(My only concern is that they might take up precious space in my HDD, that's all. Or do they?)

The shortcuts that are created for AutoCAD Architecture 2012 (US version) -- English (US Imperial), English (US Metric), and English (Global) -- all run the same program but with different call parameters. There is not a separate program for each so all you could do is delete the shortcut. That will save you about 4K bytes each, a trivial amount of disk space. The same applies to other language versions. One program with multiple shortcuts for different units of measure, etc.