Rendering a simple urban scene with white blocks of buildings

metekutlu

Hello,

I modelled a structure in Rhino with Rhino Script. I simply want to render it with its context in Paris. A simple urban scene render with white blocks of buildings.

However, I'm pretty new to Maxwell. Even though I tried many things I couldn't figure out how to have a render as in the reference image attached. My white blocks don't look white. The image looks washed out. I thought it can be because of two things: the white material choice and the sun-atmosphere settings. Even though I played with them I couldn't yet succeed.

The image attached is done with default Physical Sky settings with Burn at 0 (yes, figured that out!) EV:13, Time: 13:45

I'd appreciate if someone can help me by explaining the essentials to achieve such a render, colours and effects.

son1.jpg

1005_env_cam01_1_640-1.jpg

• 9 months later...

hi buddy,

im not working with Maxwell, but i think it's just the color temperature and the exposure which needs some optimisation. You can clearly see in the second picture that it's slightly overexposed,color temperature is corrected and also the contrast is much harder than your's.

btw i would fix these things in postproduction

Hope i could help

• 2 weeks later...

The buildings look pretty white to me! In maxwell it's all about the light. The difference is in where the light is coming from. I'm not sure which one is yours and which one is the reference image, but in son1.jpg the light is coming from a low angle behind and slightly to the left of the camera, while in the other one is backlit from a high angle, thus it makes sense that the horisontal surfaces would be washed out, as they are reflecting a lot of light directly at the camera.