Krisztian Gulyas

Tom, I dont know if I should laugh now, but it's funny :).

I've been learning/creating models/interiors for the last two years and actually I'm not playing any games, but sit in front of the pc, but now I have no motivation to start creating what's in my mind.

I was just asking if there's something you do to get motivated though.

If Im absolutely honest, my family is my motivation. When you're self-employed, sole bread-winner and there's a recession on it just doesnt help to be idle.

Best advice I got at university was from a student a couple of years above me. He said just keep your pencil moving. Its really true. If you sit and look at a blank page nothing happens. Everything starts with a doodle. Everything. If an idea could ferment to fruition completely in a persons mind then that would be a nice thing, but its never happened to me.

Same with renderings. My first go at an image gives me satisfaction, so I think its done. After revision 28 then I start seeing its true potential. I think thats because at the beginning of a project you're looking for something good in an image. Toward the end your looking for the bad in an image. Kind of a reverse process of elimination.

So get that pencil moving Mr.

After revision 28 then I start seeing its true potential. I think thats because at the beginning of a project you're looking for something good in an image. Toward the end your looking for the bad in an image. Kind of a reverse process of elimination.

So true. Its bare reality. And the first line too is, when there are people dependent, you have fuel.

Krisztian, if its OK with you and the project at hand, I may be considered as a helping hand to initiate the process :), you can take over or co ordinate once you start getting that itch again.

@Travis, the last line of his first post had it covered. :)

@Tom - I didnt want to mention this, but this the reason I asked for some "help": My girlfriend broke up with me about two months ago, since then I had no motivation. She always gave me ideas when I had none and was here and maybe just watched what I'm doing but sometimes that really helped me a lot just that she's here.

BTW I started creating an interior.

@Umesh - Sorry, but I didnt quite understand what you do mean?

If you can't motivate yourself, you need to rethink your life. This is going to sound as harsh as nails on a blackboard. Stop this wallowing with "oh my ex gave me all the ides." BS! Are you telling us that you came up with NO idea on your own? Not one? You always had someone else do it for you? You've got a choice. You can sit around an mope or you can get moving with your life.

Best advice on motivation I can give you

http://youtu.be/lCDxvVRGias

If you are not motivated to create whatever pieces you would like for your portfolio now then I dont think you are going into the right career. Perhaps you should consider remaining on the couch, turning on the Playstation and rolling another one.

I was going to 'like' this, but what I really wanted to 'like' was the sitting on the couch, rolling one, and playing PS3 - It has been a decade since I have done anything like that (*nostalgic tear*)!

I don't like to drink, i mean i dont like to be drunk. I used to smoke w**d, but when I was high I had no desire to do anything but play games or watch tv, so I just smoke on "special occasions".

Thank you all for replying. I started creating an interior for a friend. Its not for money, I just have to complete it on time and thats driving me to finish it.

Edited by krisztiangulyas

Try doing an online competition, there are plenty of them out there. Doing a comp last year helped me progress my personal portfolio - I am doing one now and it's great at focusing the mind although it can consume it sometimes.

Another idea is to do an online course, there are some that aren't very expensive.

Sorry to hear about your girlfriend but, if it wasn't for you then onward and upwards to better things my man !

• 2 weeks later...

I don't mean to be harsh or anything, but just get off your f****** ass, quit crying and do something!; or resign yourself to the fact that, at the rate that other "motivated" individuals are coming up behind you with CG skills, you are probably going to have a close affiliation with the fast food service industry.

You post is very reassuring to other people who ARE serious about what they're doing, as far as competition goes.

and watch this short video...........

Edited by heni30

Well, I think it was a bad period when I asked you about motivation.

For a few days i just watched movies, went out for a walk etc. And after 2 or 3 days i just wanted to do something in Max. Sit down and since then i have no problem with motivation. I'm working on an image right now.

Thank you for replying though, those harsh replies made me think the most and yes, this is what I want to do, no more whining.