Freelance Rendering, How much to charge?

c0nfused2

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen that clients are willing to pay a higher fee, when i offer architectural detailing with material specification along with a draft cost estimation of the project. It helps them to build the thing as shown in artist's impression. a little more work, but a good amount of payment. you can also try offering like me.. it helps.

Philippe Lamoureux! would you like work for me? because, you are very cheap :cool:

your visuals are looking nice. I am sorry for you. each 3D visualiser has to be a formula to calculate a price quote. I have a useful formula for my clients which have advantages for me also. please think more for your formula! your price policy is looking poor :mad:...this is not good for other visualisers of your country...

best!

PS: what a sad!

http://soopixel.com/3d-rendering-prices/

Philippe Lamoureux! would you like work for me? because, you are very cheap :cool:

your visuals are looking nice. I am sorry for you. each 3D visualiser has to be a formula to calculate a price quote. I have a useful formula for my clients which have advantages for me also. please think more for your formula! your price policy is looking poor :mad:...this is not good for other visualisers of your country...

best!

I haven't even posted my work! You have the wrong person. I wouldn't even start my pc for the price some people ask!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Why they only make kitchen and bedrooms... I haven't done many commercial jobs yet but I can't imagine it's all what clients ask for...

At some point, when the visual quality is ok-ish... it's just a matter of dropping pre-made assets and hit the render button. Render setup is getting easier and easier with each release of vray. No wonder why they can produce that stuff fast and cheap.

A client form Usa wants me to render one interior view for 100 usd. Total views are 25 for 18 room apartment. I think it is too low price, is not it ?

I don't know what quality you can provide but 100 usd for a 3D render is too low. Do you have to model 18 rooms on top of that? lol it's madness!

Maybe 2500 USD is a lot of money for Azerbaijan people... It's your call man!

Some people are offering archviz renders for $5 a pop at Fiverr, Upwork, Freelancer and many other sites.

And there are dozen of "colleagues" desperate bidding on that F I V E B U C K S renders.

The quality of the archviz renders they offer goes from acceptable to good....GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Of course the software is not kosher, they don´t pay rent, taxes or anything we do, but the clients don´t give a damn and buy that .

Edited by archkre

You should use Grammarly or another grammar checker, brother colleague!

best!

I charge at least 200 $ a render 3000 PX that's fixed because you will always get clients who negotiate a lot but never drop your price. 3DMax and Vray is bought with money but the most expensive thing is the Hard work you do to get those Images a Life! Good luck.

Well, for 200$ if they try to negociate, might as well do it for free. The profit margin must start to become very thin...paper thin!

Well I usually take my previous salaries and also average the salaries for senior arch visualizer in north america and divide it down to a per day rate. Comes out around 130-140$ per day. Takes me 4 days to make an interior render so my price is usually 500-600$ an image depending on complexity. 800$ for exteriors per image. And usually animation is 8000$ a minute and multiplies from there per each minute. Just finished a one minute animation project and 3 renders for 11000$. Thats how i calculate my rate. But I have 6 years plus prior experience in the field, know the prices, the regions and the clients. Cheers

Dude Indian clients always expect more and more quality but they pay really less and taking that into consideration they try to drop the price even further . The Market is really tough here some firms and people do renderings as low as 20 -10 $ an image, the image is lifeless but still the developers don't care as they are happy because it fits their bill . Am at a point where I can no longer find any clients here or find a job which pays the right wages as they themselves charge less . Really Struggling and trying to be positive , these are some of my Artworks which I did 5-square-apartmentssula-vines

whistling-woods

• 2 weeks later...

People, when you look at cheap images and say "they look good", or " they look decent"; then you are considering the visual aspect only. The images might be completely wrong construction wise. What I really don't get, and this applies to many people including students, is that they think you don't have a client. People in school spending three days on an interior or three days on a simple exterior will simply be too expensive to have "on the wage list". What happens when these people meet real clients with real demands, like, having a terrain that is imported from digital files, and you have to build up the plot with the site plan and terrain sections, and the client suddenly tells you that the garage was supposed to be 0,5 meter deeper down than in the section? Really, what do these people do in situations like these (which for me is very often). You need to calculate in this. And spending several days getting a road looking good is really really not feasible. I seriously doubt that you get something else than a house on a plane built modelled up by the " artist"'s imagination, where he could spend several days on a simple task, while employing all the visual toolbox he knows. The only problem is that all tools and hard theory you've got in line, is ripped apart from the clients wish.

Architectural visualization is 30% good looking image, 50% ability to find quick and correct solutions to fit the clients need within budget, and 20% knowledge about your customer. I can tell you that if you pay only 200 an image, you will not get a correct representation of your building, and you'll possibly face trials arrears. It's a tough game and it is not a bedroom gamers arena.