Starting out, looking for advice & saying hi to the community

edwardwoolley

Hi everyone. I graduated in architecture, worked in a practice for 6 months & decided to go at it alone, giving me the freedom to work in 3d visualization software, instead of autocad lite. I've been working as an outside consultant for a large retailer in the uk, visualizing their schemes, before they roll them out in their stores.

I was very fortunate have a contact within the company & appreciate that not everyone is quite so lucky.

However, now i am trying to branch out. I've been at the Princes Trust(UK business start up charity) writing a business plan & currently i'm trying to identify possible clients & industries that could take advantage architectural visualization . If you could add to the list i would be very grateful:

• architects

• property developers

• estate agents

• planning consultants

• local authorities, putting their construction work out to tender

• marketing agencies

I couldn't find a similar post, so hopefully we can create a comprehensive list to aid all aspiring architectural visualizers looking for work :)

Thanks

Edward

Hi Tom

yeah interiors is definitely a good one. The marketing department of the retail company i work for, consider them essential to get an idea of store layouts, rather than standard plans.

when i first read "self-builders" i assumed they would be the one man band types, but some could be community government initiative type builds, which may be willing to hire someone like us to get it right before they build.

Thanks