[First Timer] TROUBLE AND DOUBTS THREAD

izumiaiko

What are you actually trying to do? I'm lost!

Okay.

Basically I am trying to import my 3D Max Deisgn 2014 Drawings to AutoCAD so I can save it as 2D views (Plan, Elevation, Sectional Elevation views etc).

But I have no idea how...

IMO you should consider a little bit different workflow. Maybe creating your 3D drawings in Revit Architecture or AutoCAD Architecture, and then use this tool in order to link your model.

a0cfg7.jpg

Note that this is different from import since every change made can be reloaded to max without loss of assigned materials and whatever else messes up.

Also, Adobe Illustrator is capable of importing DWG files for further and more accurate editing the and placing the furniture etc.

I recommend these 2D models. Bought all their albums and my clients love it.

If you still want to render 3D floor plans in 3Ds Max + Vray, make sure you render only with ambient light, since shadows ruin the whole thing.

To render an orthographic view:

1. Place a Max Standard Camera in scene and set it to Orthographic Projection.

2. Open Environments and Effect (8) and set Exposure Control to Vray Exposure Control.

And also,

I had always been facing trouble putting my autocad drawings into adobe illustrator. So usually I will save myillustrator as PDF and drag it into Illustrator. is that way correct?

And also,

I had always been facing trouble putting my autocad drawings into adobe illustrator. So usually I will save myillustrator as PDF and drag it into Illustrator. is that way correct?

Whatever gives you the best result and smooth/correct drawings.

I don't use Illustrator, I still stick to my old friend - Macromedia FreeHand and I transfer drawings as a "wmf" file.

This soft is since year 2000 and works great under Windows 8.1.

Illustrator is much superior but I can't get use to the change.