Information about the lates update of Twinmotion2016

tianxiaowang1

Hello everyone!

Let me introduce myself first. My name is Tianxiao WANG. I'm online community monitor of the company KA-RA, who is developer of the 3D visualization software Twinmotion.

I just arrived at this forum and I realized that few people talked about us. We are a French company which explain on certain point our communication issue.

I’d like to inform you the latest update of Twinmotion. Here is a video that presents the upcoming features:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDjFTMp5IC8

We will be present at the International Batiment/Architectural forum BATIMAT at Paris early November as well as the AU at Las Vegas early December. Oculus with Twinmotion2016, adventages of BIM with Real time and demonstrastion of Twinmotion 2016 will be presented on 3 stands. If you are there, you can discover this on live.

All questions are welcomed!

Cheers,

Tianxiao

Hi Tianxiao,

Some questions:

- Will phasing and/or layer switching on/off be available in the standalone ?

- If layer switching in the standalone is available, will this include lights ?

- When will v 2016 be available ?

- Once for v3 some form of GI was planned. Is this available in v 2016 ? If not, is it still being developed ?

Edited by Trick

Hi Tianxiao,

Some questions:

- Will phasing and/or layer switching on/off be available in the standalone ?

- If layer switching in the standalone is available, will this include lights ?

- When will v 2016 be available ?

- Once for v3 some form of GI was planned. Is this available in v 2016 ? If not, is it still being developed ?

Hi Erik,

Thanks for the message :)

Concerning your questions:

- Yes, the phasing/layer switching on/off is available in the standalone version, which includes lights too.

- Twinmotion2016 will be released on November 2nd. Trial version will be online too the same day. You can download it on our website and I'll share the link in this forum too.

- GI will not be in Twinmotion2016. We will continue develop it in the future, but it is not a priority for the upcoming features.

Hope this can help you, and feel free to ask questions if you have ;)

Tianxiao

KA-RA / Twinmotion

Hi Tianxiao,

Thanks for the info.

Since I am mostly interested in the standalone features, can this be tested with the trial ?

Another question about iView:

I heard there is a 100MB free account for storing the views? What if I need more space and or more projects? Is there any information about cost and possibilities ?

Edited by Trick

Hi Tianxiao,

Thanks for the info.

Since I am mostly interested in the standalone features, can this be tested with the trial ?

Another question about iView:

I heard there is a 100MB free account for storing the views? What if I need more space and or more projects? Is there any information about cost and possibilities ?

Hi Erik,

The trial will have all the functionalities of Twinmotion2016, including BIMmotion (the standalone viewer) of course.

About the i-View, it will not appear at the release in early November, because in order for users to generat i-View project as many as they want, and for free, there are still things like internet server which need to be dealed with. Therefore, i-View will be added in a Patch for Twinmotion 2016 which will be available several month following the release:)

Tianxiao

KA-RA / Twinmotion

Hi Tianxiao,

Wouldn't it be an idea to (also) save the iView-HTML structure locally so users can put them on their own servers ? That way you can prevent problems on busy servers and I can also leave the technicalities to my clients (if they wish).

Edited by Trick

Hi Tianxiao,

Wouldn't it be an idea to (also) save the iView-HTML structure locally so users can put them on their own servers ? That way you can prevent problems on busy servers and I can also leave the technicalities to my clients (if they wish).

Hey Erik,

Idea noted ;) Our team will study that !

Tianxiao

KA-RA / Twinmotion

Can it export my model to a standalone executable file or web interface yet? (so the end user doesnt need twinmotion but just get to walk around the space like in a game?)

Saw a demo on twinmotion in december last year and at the time it couldnt do it yet

Hi Morné,

The standalone executable file that you talked about is actually named "BIMmotion" in Twinmotion 2016. If you have seen the trailer I posted in this thread, the first new feature is this one.

Like you said, in BIMmotion users don't need to have Twinmotion license, they can open the file and walk around in the space, even with a gamepad ;)

Tianxiao

KA-RA / Twinmotion