Maxwell Render for 3dsmax7

ceballos

I really hope that Maxwell works..... Perhaps it is my age..... You know how many softwares I have here that never lived up to the expectations? I remember how I paid $1,000.00 for NEMO and it never worked. They would not even support it.....

I hope they know their market.... and deliver what it is expected.....! This time I pass and would not contribute until I see further results....

Elliot

PD

Right now, I am rendering at 3:00am with these slow technologies...... In the last two months I have spent over 11K on technology improvements and they want more.... If Maxwell works right, I will be the first on line to buy it.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope that Maxwell works..... Perhaps it is my age..... You know how many softwares I have here that never lived up to the expectations? I remember how I paid $1,000.00 for NEMO and it never worked. They would not even support it.....

I hope they know their market.... and deliver what it is expected.....! This time I pass and would not contribute until I see further results....

Elliot

PD

Right now, I am rendering at 3:00am with these slow technologies...... In the last two months I have spent over 11K on technology improvements and they want more.... If Maxwell works right, I will be the first on line to buy it.

I am using the Alpha version right now, and it is already meeting my expectations. I like how it renders, and as I understand it more, I can now see how you can use Maxwell Render to do experimental images with the adjustment of the settings available to one in the alpha version.

Having Alpha and beta tested a number of packages, this one is showing a lot more promise than most in useability and fun factor. It's pretty stable, reasonably quick and easy to use, even at this stage.

It's very rare that I will slap down hard cash on early products, but this is one of them. Of all the current renderers out there for Max this is the only one I even considered buying, and I've tried most of them. There's something about Maxwell that intrigues me. If Arnold was out as a Max plugin I would have bought that as well as that's the only other one that's interesting to me. Work forced me to drop the Arnold Beta as I didn't have time to participate properly, Maxwell has rekindled my entheusiasm for rendering again, and that has to be a good thing.

Having Alpha and beta tested a number of packages, this one is showing a lot more promise than most in useability and fun factor. It's pretty stable, reasonably quick and easy to use, even at this stage.

It's very rare that I will slap down hard cash on early products, but this is one of them. Of all the current renderers out there for Max this is the only one I even considered buying, and I've tried most of them. There's something about Maxwell that intrigues me. If Arnold was out as a Max plugin I would have bought that as well as that's the only other one that's interesting to me. Work forced me to drop the Arnold Beta as I didn't have time to participate properly, Maxwell has rekindled my entheusiasm for rendering again, and that has to be a good thing.

I share your comments- the rendering quality is unmistakablly genuine and very accurate to what you might expect.

Andronikos - could you do us a favour pls?

i'm on the understanding YOU set the desired render time and the Maxwell renderer optimises and renders to suit that time?

well some renderers' low quality gi and gi artifacts can quite often be a visual bonus, and in certain circumstances can actually look quite effective.

well instead of say a 15 hour artifact free render, could you specify a 1 hour render time on the same model and post up that image to show us exactly how the artifacts look?

i'd be interested to see :)

Andronikos - any chance of sorting it out then? ;)

Well right now I left from my work place (Florida, US) went back to Greece for Xmas so it is difficult to do test renderings from here...

I will try to install max7 + maxwell 1.1.5 or the latest version (dec. 15 I will have a new update from Maxwell) to one of my brothers PCs and render a scene with 10min, 1 hr and 3hrs...

so expect results around 20th Dec guys...

but to inform you a bit about maxwell:

With the new 1.1.5 you can also control the maximum quality or the render time as well...

What do I mean is that you can set the maximum sampling value that maxwell want to render.

Why this is usefull?>?? for rendering same scene or animation with dif. computers...

if you want to read about maxwell more I would recomend to go to maxwellrender.com/forum and subscribe there to be able to see all post and threads...

but please do not ask silly questions about maxwell or can you do that with maxwell ???...remember it is still alpha!!! not even beta!!!

is more of maxwell users so read their coments and their test renderings and do not disturb maxwell forum...

cy!

• 4 weeks later...
Something came to mi mind just now, this next limit company is a Spain based company, and it hitted me that this maxwell might be that ARNOLD renderer that never came out, I remember that thaere was a spanish guy helping on the developement of it called Daniel Martinez Lara http://www.3dluvr.com/pepeland/ his work is very good, but whatever happened to that arnold thing? I remember I wanted so bad a piece of it, but never could even see it. anyway just something I remembered

I think you are wrong. Main developer of Arnold was Marcos Fajardo , and Daniel Martinez was a tester.

I think Arnold was integrated on Mesiah:project.

• 3 weeks later...
Very nice!

Andronikos, does maxwell work with max's default maps? how about third parties? Do you need to use special materials or some lighting setups?

ok....

- with maxwell you can use only maxwell materials. Nothing else!

- you can not use max's lights and it is not recomended to use max's cameras

- What do you mean 3rd parties? like xfrog? at the moment maxwell has not opacity maps or alpha chanels so you can not use that properly...

- about lights you have to apply an emmitter mat. to an object or use the sunlight system to illuminate a scene...

all these are in the maxwell forum too.