ADVICE NEEDED What Computer Type & Spec and Programs should I use for Interior Design

I really need guidance on what computer type & Spec and what programs I should use for a new position.

I will be working in a design studio creating visualizations of interior layouts/scenes and of one-off furniture. Working mostly with interior designers and furniture manufacturers.

To date I have been working as a residential architect drawing mostly in AutoCAD and only dabbling in the arch viz. I have used Sketch-up for my 3D modelling and a VRay plugin (sometimes using vizualizer) for my renders.

The computer I am currently using has struggled while producing renders i.e. freezing and taking a long time. I have being using Windows although I am open to change.

System Model HP Notebook

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz, 2901 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

I have been asked for my equipment wishlist from my new employer and I am a little lost currently and I need guidance.

I plan on continuing to use AutoCAD for my technical drawings and shop drawings of furniture but I am willing to learn new programs for my 3D Modelling and Render.

I would be sincerely grateful for a little guidance from those more experienced in the Arch Viz field and Interior Design field. Thanks a million in advance and if you would like any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks in advance,

Colin