Help with Final Render

Diver

...I just hope that Maxwell will support distributed rendering because it looks just as processor intensive as any GI solution.

A little OT but:

Yes, it ALREADY supports distributed rendering (4 processors per bought license) and yes, it IS very processor intensive.

http://www.maxwellrender.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=142

"""""""

1 licence of Maxwell = 2 CPU's

1 Hiperthreading processor does not count as a CPU

for example...

1 single processor = 1 CPU

1 single processor with hyperthreading = 1 CPU

1 dual processor = 2 CPU

1 dual processor with hyperthreading = 2 CPU

2 dual processors = 4 CPU

etc

1 licence of Maxwell allows to execute maxwell in 2 CPU at the same time, if this limit is reached no more maxwell can be used to render.

So, with 1 license you can use net manager to render with 2 single processors at the same time...

-------------

fR comes with (for one licence) unlimited network rendering licenses just as max, and licences for 10cpu for Distributed Rendering. This is the base package.

We have 5 duals here, all can render with one license of fR. And seeing ten bucket eating an image is damn usefull !!

Kib

And the kicker for me is that Maxwell won't even release a free demo of their engine. I mean it's one thing to say that your going to charge more than any other render plugin on the market but to not allow even an evaluation copy so people can test it out before making the $5000 commitment is crazy! I think there making a mistake by keeping it so closed, even if there just trying to finish the program and don't have enough people to field all the tech questions.

And the kicker for me is that Maxwell won't even release a free demo of their engine...

Whether you think it is fair or not, keep in mind that what they have released is some sort of "alpha demo" for which you just have to pay. I also had my doubts, but suddenly realized that by making available a paid alpha you mostly get serious enthousiast users, which mostly don't ask stupid questions.

Well, at least that was what I hoped for. Seeing the questions and comments posted on their forum now, I think that goal has been surpassed by the hype. Also, I think that it is a good thing not to give "away" unlimited render nodes in this stage of development. They already did a big step raising the nodes from 2 to 4. After the release in July it is a better time to judge bonus features.

Devin,

You are right....! Would you pay any of the car companies 1/3 of the price of a future car to be develop so they can research on the hydrogen engine....

I have been tempted to buy it.... However, I just think how we just spent $25,000.00 on a mold for one of our aluminum extrusion. None of the clients would even give us a promisory note to develop a life support device. Not only that, I am old fashion and would not dare to ask them to pay for our development cost. Perhaps that explains my frame of mind....!

Elliot

It's a not so nice fact that lots of people need cars and it's even a worse fact that lots of people need to be cured.

Now, I really would like to see that LOTS of people need rendering software. I think that all these issues we have with it, would disappear like snow in the sun...

PS: I would run to my dealer right now, if he gave me a $10000 car, and in 5 months he gave me an updated one worth $30000.

Don't get me started on those electric and hydrogen cars...I'll take my SUV any day...17MPG! As for Maxwell I'll just wait till all the bugs have been taken care of, I don't feel the need to support their R&D. I honestly think they should have waited until they had a viable product to go to market with instead of releasing a beta and then telling you to wait.