V Ray + 3D Max -> Black Objects NOK - Render OK

christiankleintorres

Hi,

I'm new to V-Ray and desperate with a problem. I know that many have the problem, but I have nowhere found the solution that solves my problem.

I use the latest version of V-Ray with 3D Max Education. When I refer a material to an object via V-Ray max, the object is displayed in black. When I render it it will display correctly.

I looked at all possible tutorials videos where the problem is solved and the light set so unfortunately without success.

I have taken screenshot of my settings and my interface. I hope you can help me here.

3DMax_Black_Object_Problem.PNG

Setup_VRay_Render_1.PNG

Setup_VRay_Render_2.PNG

Setup_VRay_Render_3.PNG

Best Regards,

Chris

Hi James,

thank you for the fast answer.

I change the viewport display to standart, but nothing changen.

Where I can change the diffuse color? In the Viewport Setup?

The material is build from the Substance plug in.

Substance Material -> via V-Ray to the Object (See picture)

But if I took a normal material with out the substance plug in I get the same problem.

Viewport_Seting.PNG

Color_Setup_Viewport.jpg

Do you have an idea what is wrong?

Best Regards,

Chris

if you want a different color in viewport change circled in red:

2pq2vd4.jpg

you cannot get a reflective output in viewport in 3dsmax without using directx textures, which i dont think you want to do (not sure about compatibility with vray etc)

edit: in 10yrs i never had this in 3dsmax, never really thought about it either, im used to black as pure reflective so if you find some way please let me know :)

Edited by redvella

the button i just mentioned, you select that when you get to the texture you want (im not sure how to do this in slate).

so for example...

look at my top left red circle, its a pure reflective material ball. now when i go into the diffuse map (which is a BITMAP .jpg), I then press the blue circle.

15gc7er.jpg

edit: maybe this will help

6y2sr7.jpg

Show me your diffuse slot, I dont see it in the screenshots above

Edited by redvella

you can see it in activeshade because this this is essentially rendering. depending on your max version you can click on the viewport tab and select active shade. Be aware this is not your viewport now, you are looking at your rendered image (rendering as you move the viewport, this will slow down your scene). You need to setup the Vray RT activeshade. This is a different thing all together:

258urv5.jpg

2m6vhn7.jpg

sestxz.jpg

to be honest with you, if it renders ok, let it be. black is normal for completely reflective objects. if you need it a different color in viewport you can do as I mentioned above. You will not get a reflective object in viewport as you see in blender 2.8 for example, Its just not how it works in 3ds. In some render engines such as fstorm you cant even see a color corrected image in viewport - you need to deal with these things and move on. If it renders correct, thats all that matters. If you want to use activeshade, use it, its another tool in the shed.