Migrating from Vray 3.6 to Vray Next. Problem colour difference

peterenkelaar1

Hi,

At our company we upgraded to Vray Next. Before we worked with Vray 3.6. At the moment i'm working on a big project, i have to render 1700 images. It's an old project (produced in vray 3.6) I have to make a lot of region renders.

The problem i have when rendering these images in VrayNext is the colour difference between Vray 3.6 and Vray Next. We noticed these kind of problems in other projects. Exterior and interior visualisations.

I am using the exact same rendersettings in both versions: colormapping, global settings.

Does anybody know any sollution for this problem?

In attached image you can see the region squares have different colours than the vrimg.

Especially in the shadows.

kleurverschil.jpgpencil.png

• 5 months later...

Maybe you've solved it already, but I guess the auto-exposure and auto-white-balance could be related to it?

Or also the Adaptative dome light.

Auto-exposure and white-balance are very cool, but they don't let you do region renders unless you just bake them to a physical camera.

I have been using VRay next for a while now and it really seems like they are playing catch up with the competition, just addind new features on top of the others and making everything chaotic.

For example, it's not possible to use viewport IPR and ColorMapping+Gamma. It's all those small things that are making me consider more and more gicing Corona a shot

• 1 month later...

In the past, opening files that used older VRay versions it would ask if you wanted to update the sun/sky. You would always so NO so it would use the legacy (older) sun/sky model if you wanted the rendering to look the same as before. Not sure this is still the case, though. If you're not using sun/sky then this should have no effect.