View limited panoramics

richlittle

Hi,

I'm creating some 360 Arch Viz views in Corona for a client currently. Only as the rooms are quite small clients wants to put the camera in the corner of the room, or against a wall and look around only say 180 degrees and not look up or down due to distortion. Anyone know how to create this limited view - or more likely render full view with a restriction on viewing area?

I'm surprised this isn't more common that you want to look around a space but not be able to see every direction.

Thanks.

Well here is the thing, if you have the opportunity see a room on 360 degrees and see all details, why would you choose to corner yourself again a wall to see, almost everything? That's the main advantage to do a 360 otherwise a simple rendering would do, right?

Having said that I have been asked to do a similar rendering, and there is some app that can limit the rotation to side to side only, (KRPAno for example) now, to the areas that the client didn't want to display I just painted white with a soft fade to the visible areas. Not sure if this is the 'best' way to do but the client was happy with that.

My two cents ;)

Yeah, the problem is the room feels smaller because you are always closer to the walls and a wider angle gives a lot of perspective bend at the end of the image. Positioned in the corner the room feels bigger as long as you can't turn back to nose up the wall. It would be good to lock horizon and limit viewing angle to 90 or 120 degrees.

Even just locking the horizon would be helpful as apparently other people struggle to control the view. I'm using Eye-Spy which is great, although not very customizeable, and no direct contact with company visible or forum or help. Its effective but too simple.

The whiting out is an idea, but one which my client would not accept for Jo public to get lost in the white void! Its for marketing a property.