lights in animation

stefanosuarez

Hi , I have a problem while rendering an animation.

I need to put togheter with After effects, some stills and some video of the same model.

The animation is both day and night, and the problem is in the night version.

Either with vraylights or photometric lights the still image comes out ok while the animation totally black. It means no Irradiance map or light cache is produced. Only rendering with a single pass produces something useful. Is there some settings on the lights or in the vray parameters am missing? No matter how much I rise the lights intensity, animation frames are black. I am using Vray next 4.2 and solid rock

Hard to guess what could be the problem. Now the main issue is Solid Rock changes many settings in VRay to get the results it needs, Honestly with the latest release of VRay I don't see use for a plugin such a Solid Rock.

But as a general rule of thumb for anything animation if nothing is moving and only the camera moves, then you need to Pre-save the Irradiance map and Light cache, then let VRay load those pre calculated maps while doing final render.

There are steps in the VRay help about this.

The new and easy way to do animations in VRay is just, setup your noise threshold and let it render, even if objects are moving, maybe use the camera path in Light cache but no need to precalculate anything. Brute force and Lightcache do everything for you.