I need a help with Vray GPU Next, Update 2.

aminur rahman

Hello! I need a help with Vray GPU Next, Update 2.

I have never used Vray GPU before. But I heard that it is much faster than CPU rendering. 

The quality I''m okay with takes 12 minutes to render with Vray next. I tried several setting changes with Vray GPU next. But the same render takes more than 30 minutes with it whereas it was supposed to be faster. I must be doing something wrong. My CPU is a Intel i5 10400 and the GPU is a GTX 1050Ti.

Can anyone suggest me some setting changes so that I can bring it down to less than 12 minutes maintaining similar quality?

The settings I used with Vray Next, Update 2 that yielded a render time of 12 minutes is attached herewith. I'd be happy with similar quality output with lesser render time using GPU Next.

Thanks in advance.

1001.JPG

1002.JPG

1003.JPG

1004.JPG

1005.JPG

1006.JPG

You should really upgrade your version of Vray to the current version as there have been may improvements to both CPU & GPU rendering since Vray Next came out.  It's hard to say why GPU rendering is slower without seeing what it is your rendering and what the GPU settings are, default settings are usually good enough.  I don't remember what features are unsupported in your version of Vray GPU but it could be that you have materials or some other unsupported elements in your scene that's slowing it down.  

In my opinion the problem is your video card,  if I remember correctly the gtx 1050ti has only 4Gb of memory, and that is barely enough for a medium size arch viz project, unless of course our scene is very, very small.

Having said that you are also comparing the CPU rendering using irradiance to GPU that by default uses brute force combo method.  This method is more precise, but slower than Irradiance, but since GPU processing happens faster, it compensate, but the memory limit will affect your performance.