Working on a practice render by copying a photo (included in this thread) and seeing if i can get the general feel. I've watched many corona tutorials but can't seem to pinpoint a specific workflow.

If anyones willing i'd love some help getting started with the corona workflow. I've saw some tutorials but they are a bit different regarding procedure, understandably. I've set up two rectangular corona lights, set their intensity to 1 and trying to get a decent look with a mid gray material (shown in the pictures) by tweaking the tone maping before moving on to texturing, but i can't figure out what to touch, i remeber seeing something about a parameter which was to get the general look ok, another that was to get the highlights and another for hte shadows, but i cant find them now, i think im using a different version than i tried so long ago.

Anyway, any help regarding this is greatly apreciated. Thank you 

AVP1_I1.png

3dsmax_z5sawYHkZO.png

3dsmax_3mdXu9BmSA.png

3dsmax_IxoZaei1CK.png

3dsmax_DbVK53Qzue.png

051-ef-odg-hr-020.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

You're doing well and got a pretty good match there overall,  wel done. I'm sure you could match the material textures more exactly if you'd wanted to,  without too much trouble, so I won't comment on those differences. But tonally you're overall colour has too much magenta/pink compared to the original photo. So perhaps a little colour adjustment to remove the pink and add in a little yellow. That subtle change would definitely bring it closer.

The lighting is good, perhaps a touch bright overall and a smidge more contrast added and it'll be even closer.