Learning Interiors – Week Two

1426455375.jpg

Studio/Institution: Private
Genre: Residential Interior
Software: Blender – Cycles
Description:

Here is what I did after two weeks practice. The second piece ever made, the first I made without guidance. Getting your honest feedback and some tips would be great. Thank you in advance!

Regards Christoph

Credits: Logs made by Danilius http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/48896

• 1 month later...

Hi there! I just recently posted my own render, the third actually with 3DS Max, and got some really good tips to improve my image, so I will try to help you out as a return.

The overall look is very nice, I really like the reflections from the windows and the simplicity of the image. Looks like you have been working a lot with textures, which are really nice on the furniture!

Technical pointers:

1. In my opinion the noise on the back wall and the roof in the back could be reduced (would be easy to fix in the post production).

2. The window lights makes the white surfaces burn out a little bit to much especially on the floor.

3. Sharp edges around the walls especially make them look unrealistic.

4. The alignment of the wall texture is off.

5. It looks like the chairs are perfect aligned, could be rotated a little bit to make the image look a bit calmer in my opinion.

Design features:

1. The logs look a little bit to clean cut.

2. The space where the logs are is very big, I would either fill it up with more logs, make it smaller, or put something else in there. Looks a little bit empty as it is. It Doesnt look like the shelves have any support, look like they are integrated in the wall.

3. The black boxes in the roof are a little bit confusing, what are they?

I hope some of this could help, and good luck with future works!