Help Please VRAY NEXT for 3D max

wdoo

i'm hoping someone can help. After using cinema 4D i am now using 3D max 2020 and Vray Next, but find an issue with adjusting a pool material transparency. I have adjusted the refraction to white thinking it will control the transparency only it doesn't appear to. Are there any other suggestions to try and resolve please?

Pool_white_refract.JPG

settings.jpg

as Jackie mentioned, the water look will vary depending on if you are using a single plane mesh or a solid mesh.

I rather use a single plane because then I Fake better the 'depth' or turbidity of the water with the Fog values.

In your case, the image is so small that is hard to tell what's going on in your scene and also what effect you are looking to achieve.

IF it is a simple water effect then give a soft blue color to the fog channel and then play with the fog multiplier and bias. That will simulate that 'solid' water effect.

I did a tutorial time ago you can check it out here.

Scroll to the bottom, the two last posts has the video. Hope this helps.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-max-shading-lighting-and/water-material/td-p/8880342

as Jackie mentioned, the water look will vary depending on if you are using a single plane mesh or a solid mesh.

I rather use a single plane because then I Fake better the 'depth' or turbidity of the water with the Fog values.

In your case, the image is so small that is hard to tell what's going on in your scene and also what effect you are looking to achieve.

IF it is a simple water effect then give a soft blue color to the fog channel and then play with the fog multiplier and bias. That will simulate that 'solid' water effect.

I did a tutorial time ago you can check it out here.

Scroll to the bottom, the two last posts has the video. Hope this helps.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-max-shading-lighting-and/water-material/td-p/8880342

you have great tutorials there, may I know how do you create your video with the mouse and info on it?