Curious Post on Rhino Newsgroup

Fran

why do you always get that date wrong..maxwell was promised to be released march 15 2005..i bought in january and thought they're honest

Sorry Whiskey your right I do always get it wrong, there have been so many dates and changes that it's hard to keep it all strait. I'll try not to forget this time. ;-)

By the way welcome to the forum!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Whiskey, good to see posting again :) Adehus got back on the maxwell forum; who knows maybe they will give you absolution too. One (b)anal statement after so many constructive and funny posts should be forgiven.

You were on the beta team, wasn't it? Are you free to reveal anything about the developments and the way the team worked?

I think he will need proof of humor-management therapy before he's allowed to return. :)

People tend to frown on references regarding object placement outside of CAD. That's why there is no Colonoscopy forum here.

i have no insight in RC5..i was testing befor but i don't want to reveal stuff (not cuz of the NDA..heck NL broke 3465345 laws themselves but juan told me alot of interesting stuff and i don't want him to get into trouble-he's a very nice guy)

but yes, we've been (including me) actively lied to by NL on several issues - which is silly

I doubt that will help to get him unbanned

:p

I asked if he was free to reveal!

Whiskey, I know you dropped out of the beta team after the RC1 drama. I was just interested how things went before this whole mess started. Was the pressure to release always influencing the development on or did that just start at the end of november. Did you ever see nice images coming out of the new core?

what can you do ernest? i seriously checked the legal options - suing individually isn't paying off - and even if there's a class action suit filed one day - there's no money left at NL - so you'll end up paying the legal costs yourself for nothing in return - except that coffe mug that is

Guys,

I am the silent reader of the forum for many years. As some of you already know I do not use VIZ on a continuous manner. However, I keep track of my friends on this forum.

The only reason I write is because this thread is something else. I am on the floor laughing at the comments from our French visitor. Lately I have been going to France. We have formed a joint venture with a company there. I like their people, their food and their TGP fast train. They are excellent when it comes to visualization. I don't speak French but I can follow a little bit of it.... These comments on our forum I don't understand, but I am sure there is some kind of language problem. He he he

I have followed this entire Maxwell saga for a while and it just very amusing how they have managed to disappoint some of the heavy users in the US for this kind of technology. In a way there is some language barrier there too.... But above all there is a lack of sales and marketing 101. You please the users..... the user are not supposed to be at your mercy.... It is simple....! They are not pleasing anybody.

The thread at the other site is incredible...!!!!

Thanks for keeping me entertained.... It is nice to take some time off from my mechanical drawings and just get a different perspective about life.

Good Luck

Elliot

what can you do ernest? i seriously checked the legal options - suing individually isn't paying off

reasonable persuasion, with the threat of nothing more aggressive than a lot of people filing for 'non-delivery of goods' with their creditcard banks. Either NL comes around in their investor relations, or their investors put them out of business.

We will probably never see our money again. That train left a long time ago. We may never see a working Maxwell. But maybe we will. What is obviously required for that is longterm patience on our part, which NL isn't going to get with the way they have treated us. So we can set some rules by which we will wait longer. They play ball, with our ball, or we take our ball and go home. Game over.

1. refund policy

2. roadmap

3. deadlines

Otherwise, its the wild west, and the banks will be on our side. They don't like merchant's who lie and don't deliver goods.

is the financial situation at NL that bad? I think a lack of money would be the only way to explain their strange behavior. Before they released RC1, up until the last minute they were putting all of those 'history in the making' or whatever things on their website. How could anyone do that knowing full well that the RC1 was a total disaster? I just assumed it was financial pressure that was making them do this. Or, they drink alot...:)

I can't believe they didn't even take the time to post their form letter today :)

Go to your bank, it's about the best way you will find on retrieving your Maxwell payment. If we succeed, the banks will come down on NL quite hard if enough people request compensation on the grounds of service(s) undelivered.

Guest imanobody

This has probably been said before, but you could just set up a website called maxwellscam.com or, if you really want to piss off some people, maxwellsucks.com. Just make it one page (if you can fit all of NL's behavior into a page) of everything that has happened. Have the due dates, beta testing, silence, beta/RC comparisons, RC history, lies, floating feature list, and their total lack of knowledge of the meaning of words (calling a Alpha a RC, Alpha a Beta, etc.). As long as you keep it truthful nothing can be done to you. This has been done before with very good success, just ask Dunken Doughnuts.

Then you could make a demand to NL saying you won't take down the site till they deliver Maxwell v1 with the features that they originally advertised... end of story! A website would get much more attention to a potential buyer then all these forum posts and has a greater chance of popping up high on the search engine listings, which NL doesn't want. This is just not about Maxwell; this would effect them on their other products.

But you know what? THEY DESERVE IT!

This has probably been said before, but you could just set up a website called...maxwellsucks.com.

This is just not about Maxwell; this would effect them on their other products.

I don't think that has been said before. Interesting idea.

Ah, the other products. That's where this all gets interesting. NextLimit has two other, as-far-as-I-know good, working products that produce income. Some MWR supporters have argued that NL is not in financial trouble because of them. Like any of us actually know anything about it. But if Maxwell is not going to be possible to produce because of insurmountable coding problems, then what? I bet NL cannot give back several million dollars. And if they want to just go out of business to avoid having to deal with a Maxwell failure or customer revolt, then what to do with the profitable products? They would have to unload them or transfer them to another, new company. If we see that happen we are toast for sure.

• Administrators
This has probably been said before, but you could just set up a website called maxwellscam.com or, if you really want to piss off some people, maxwellsucks.com. Just make it one page (if you can fit all of NL's behavior into a page) of everything that has happened. Have the due dates, beta testing, silence, beta/RC comparisons, RC history, lies, floating feature list, and their total lack of knowledge of the meaning of words (calling a Alpha a RC, Alpha a Beta, etc.). As long as you keep it truthful nothing can be done to you. This has been done before with very good success, just ask Dunken Doughnuts.

Then you could make a demand to NL saying you won't take down the site till they deliver Maxwell v1 with the features that they originally advertised... end of story! A website would get much more attention to a potential buyer then all these forum posts and has a greater chance of popping up high on the search engine listings, which NL doesn't want. This is just not about Maxwell; this would effect them on their other products.

But you know what? THEY DESERVE IT!

Just a word of warning. Whether there is merit to do this or not, slander law assumes the person being slandered is innocent until proven otherwise. And setting up a site like this is most certainly ground for a slander suit. In other words, even though you might be right and could win a case in court, be prepared to defend and pay for your time in court to prove it. In Canada, I have been told a 2 week trial in the Court of Queens Bench will run anywhere from $40,000-$60,000 in legal fees.