Did you think that things cannot be worse?

buffos

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah i was going to post on this one - it sounds pretty contradictory. Maybe its a bad explanation, at least i hope so.

If what was stated is true, it would mean (i think) that they have taken the beta core and integrated it with the new materials.

But we know (and they stated) that the beta core was a cul-de-sac, or dead end.

Now we are told that RC5 will be the 'finalized beta.' A finalized dead end?

This is all getting very bizarre:(

I am pretty sure now, that what they are trying to serve us is just the beta.

Yes they will rename it (they are great at it) v1, put the new materials

and thats it

The speed they promised? Forget it

The infinite lights? Forget it

The sunlight passing glass... forget that too

Clipmaps.... forget... forget forget.

They are fooling us once again,

Suprised?

Well i am not.

We must act soon , cause later would be too late

well guessing from mverta's post you might be right buffos..no sunlight through glass...tataaaaa:D

mverta's post:

Guys -

I have a question:

I'm not an architectural visualization guy, so the whole sunlight+glass thing isn't as important to me, but I went back and looked over all the previous Maxwell features, and I don't see this have ever been specifically mentioned as a feature.

I guess it's something you might think would be in there, but most of you guys talk like it's the reason you bought the program, either because you assumed it, or it was promised as a feature. Well, assumptions aren't a good idea, and it's never been listed as a feature, so I'm just wondering why so many of you have the stance that it's the end-all-be-all feature.

It wasn't in there when you bought it, nor listed as a feature. So if it's this crucial feature, why did you buy Maxwell?

I would like to see an answer that doesn't involve you telling me how important it is to your work; but why you bought Maxwell without knowing if it could do this, and was never listed as a feature.

_Mike

they cant fix it and found a way to not give it to us

it wasnt on the list so sorry we didnt say it was KTHX BYE

i find the way he is defending this is rude and really shocking

they give us glass material and a sun system and they dont work together

whats next

atleast they listed clipmaps as a feature.

i didnt want to post rants anywhere else but this is truly shocking

well guessing from mverta's post you might be right buffos..no sunlight through glass...tataaaaa:D

mverta's post:

Guys -

I have a question:

I'm not an architectural visualization guy, so the whole sunlight+glass thing isn't as important to me, but I went back and looked over all the previous Maxwell features, and I don't see this have ever been specifically mentioned as a feature.

I guess it's something you might think would be in there, but most of you guys talk like it's the reason you bought the program, either because you assumed it, or it was promised as a feature. Well, assumptions aren't a good idea, and it's never been listed as a feature, so I'm just wondering why so many of you have the stance that it's the end-all-be-all feature.

It wasn't in there when you bought it, nor listed as a feature. So if it's this crucial feature, why did you buy Maxwell?

I would like to see an answer that doesn't involve you telling me how important it is to your work; but why you bought Maxwell without knowing if it could do this, and was never listed as a feature.

_Mike

That's just unbelievable.

And I still can't decide which is more ridiculous right now. The fact that (assuming Mike is right with his comments above) NL expect Maxwell to be taken seriously as a renderer when Sunlight can't pass through glass, (as if buildings are built without glass), and compete with the likes of Vray, Mental Ray, FinalRender etc. Or the fact that Mike seriously thinks that someone would consciously buy a render software knowing full well that Sunlight through glass is not an actual feature ( as opposed to a stupid bug that they can't solve)or normal function of the rendere. Now he's trying to act as if it was not an announced Feature, or since it was not announced, it should not be expected. With that kind of reasoning you can also say that, since they also didn't initially announce that it would be a fast renderer, we should not expect any speed increases from the Beta. Oh, wait, bad example........

"Yeah, we are releasing a groundbreaking rendering engine that will revolutionlize the CG Industry. And No, Sunlight through glass is not expected to be a feature of nor typical in this render engine. This is strictly for night-time renders and exteriors."

Of course it wasn't listed as a feature and we still bought it because it's supposed to be a GIVEN, in ANY self-respecting Rendering software, you dumb *$#~^%%!!!!

And now they're trying to act like it's my fault for buying it without asking first whether or not it has something that it's supposed to obviously have?????? WTF

Man, I'm really looking forward to Modo 2.01 now. This is just stupidity beyond words.

It is obvious that i did not read wrongly behind tom's words

I hate it, but i am 100% right.

They cannot make the "october novermber" release work

The just feed us with the abandoned beta + new materials

Well done.

Amazing.

Ernest please. Hurry up that email. Things are getting worst.

For anybody who's not keeping up on the NL forums, you really should read these posts, starting here: http://www.maxwellrender.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10546&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=332

This is great Bleh material - really up to the standard he set with the "Maxwell will be delivered by the hand of God on a silver platter with a pleasant golden glow and fresh springtime scent, and by the way you're all losers" thread.

.........But I think the sunlight glass issue has become more of a battle cry against NL at this point

:p

Have you actually read their most recent comments on this issue?

It's not no more a battle cry, than it is the crux of the whole issue. The fact that they have been unable to resolve this issue, ( which is an essential admission that they can't resolve MLT algorithms; so maybe Chaosgroup, Cebas, and the rest of them weren't so crazy after all to avoid this route), drives to the heart of the reason why they had to re-write the code after the Beta last June, why they were unable to keep ANY of their self-imposed deadlines, and most importantly , why they have been constantly lying to their customer base.

Mind you, it's not only Arch/VViz renderers who are complaining about NL, and yet we're the ones most critically affected by the Sunlight/glass issue. So how is it a battlecry for the rest that who still have valid complaints????

It's not no more a battle cry, than it is the crux of the whole issue. The fact that they have been unable to resolve this issue, ( which is an essential admission that they can't resolve MLT algorithms; so maybe Chaosgroup, Cebas, and the rest of them weren't so crazy after all to avoid this route), drives to the heart of the reason why they had to re-write the code after the Beta last June, why they were unable to keep ANY of their self-imposed deadlines, and most importantly , why they have been constantly lying to their customer base.

I think you speak the truth here.

And... good grief, just when you think it couldn't get any more absurd... we're at fault for assuming that glass and sunlight should interact properly?!

could someone ask mike if rc5 is capable of rendering pyramids and oblongs..i only see spheres in the testrenderings and it isn't mentioned in the whitepaper - i keeps me awake at night

:D :D :D :D

.......looks like someone's been missing their humour-management group therapy sessions.

spheres and towels. i think i've seen towels listed in the whitepapers somewhere.

Red and white ones at that...at least they have proven that maxwell can render red...must be working on green now...might see results in a day or so. (however in maxwell terms days turn into weeks and weeks turn into months and months will turn into years)

Unfortunatelly this is not funny

The advertised x10 increase of speed and the noise gone fast is history.

Its what they call rs2 and will be avaliable in the future.... "to put it nicely when we will not be alive"

So From June to December we where waiting in vain.

Just to discover they cannot do it neither way.

They are great in putting features in the calendar.

Did you see how luxology is treating there customers? And we are talking about a minor delay.

And look at the features there!!

Look at the uv mapping the baking alogirthms and the baking procedures!!

We will get all these in 200 years.

Maxwell will not deliver in v1 even the basic features found in all renderers.

What to do the great renderings when i miss so many basic features.

We have not seen a single feature in the last year!!!

On the contrary features are taken back.

First (we take manhatan then we take berlin :) ) it clipmaps then fog next SSS. Ok so what to render. Plastic bottles and sampoos?

i am really pissed of again.

They are in a mess and i have to pay it again....