Did you think that things cannot be worse?

buffos

Guest imanobody

Don't worry renato, when your customers start posting things like:"We still don't have 10,000x10,000 5 second renders and we've been waiting 5 years!" or " where's our real time NTSC renderings?", I'll be there to defend you with statements like "why don't you losers get a life", "don't you know that's it's a holiday in Turkey", "It's the forum's fault anyway, if you all wouldn't have pushed him so hard he would be done by now", "He's been coding 24/7 and probably needs a rest", "I'm sure he'll post something tomorrow. He's probably working on his spaceship that goes faster then the speed of light. What else do you morons want?", "I think everyone just needs to step away from the computer and go outside and smell the pretty flowers, you only paid $10,000", "I don't know about you all, but I've already made back x10 on my investment... losers!", "what does anyone on this board know about software or spaceship development? Well I DO! and I can tell you that Renato knows what he's doing!... LOSERS", "You WHINERS! he posted a 10x10 image for you... What else do you what! You people will just never be satisfied!","I'm NOT saying that 10mph IS the speed of light! I'm just saying THAT IT'S AN IMPROVEMENT!" "Come on guys, we're seeing progress; the renderer is now doing 20x20 images in 12 hours. See, it's not a scam"

If I post enough of these will you make me a mod?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes don't forget how hard he's been working on this, the 12 hour times will come down once it's been optimized at the very end so don't worry about it. Just don't expect for sunlight to pass through glass; that was never a feature that was listed...you Arch Viz people just expect way too much. This engine is absolutely physically accurate, no doubt about that and in the future upgrades he might even include that little light through glass feature just to be nice.

I'm talking to my bank tomorrow to see what alternatives I have regarding a refund for my most recent license purchase.

I would think the answer would be the same for both, despite the length of time involved. Both are 'non-delivery of goods' claims.

I was going to talk to my CC bank, also, and ask their opinion on the matter. However, a few days ago (before my internet access decided to take the weekend off) I did some online reading and learned a few things.

Chargebacks come with 'reason codes' and certain codes carry more weight than others. I want to ask the bank about that. "I didn't get it' probably being stronger than "I got it but didn't like the color', for example.

Also, you have a cc processor, but there is another entity that actually hands the money to the merchant based on submitted 'sales'. That is called the aquirer and they have their own rules (varies by company) to meet before agreeing to handle a companies creditcard business. I looked into this with a bank a few years ago and wondered why they sent me forms like a mortgage. "All I want is for them to handle the money--my money" thought I. No, they look at it as a loan, since days weeks or months later someone may request a chargeback and they want there to be enough money in the company to cover them...today. So when a company starts getting a lot of chargebacks, they will pull the plug on any future creaditcard processing, and the industry maintains a blacklist.

And what do most 'aquirers' frown on? Pre Orders. I would bet NextLimit's cc processors don't know they have started doing non POS (Point-Of-Sale) pre-order sales. That means that every charge could be a chargeback!