max file grew too big pls HELP

fadi3d

This used to happen to me often because I work with interior modeling and most of the time was going by adding objects such as chairs, tables or other things to put in the scene.

Many times he found the solution to this was to work with mr Proxy, when working with mental ray, so could greatly reduce the file (350 mb to 5 mb).

See if you can help in some way this method.

Greetings.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Thks a lot ! Your solution is working fine for me, and this for few corrupted files ( extra size and crash when quitting ) on Max2012 + Vray.

Those files contains many imported files and proxies like Archmodels.

I ve just subscribe here to tell you this ! :)

After this fix, should someone have re encounter this problem on fixed files ?

funny or not, all of your advices didn't work, so I was looking for help in many forums and thank to one russian guy who gave me this script it worked ... my file was 640 MB with nothing inside can u imagine... empty file ... and I had deadline to rich in few days.... this guy saved my project

it works, tanks man!!!!!

I've found the solution !!!! None of the above works, not even a scripts with my 2012 max x64, so the solution is just type in command : trackViewNodes[#Max_MotionClip_Manager].track = copy trackViewNodes[#Max_MotionClip_Manager].track

and after this : gc()

Just for a seconds everything will be clear, its like command purge in Auto CAD..

it works,tanks man!!!

• 4 weeks later...
I've found the solution !!!! None of the above works, not even a scripts with my 2012 max x64, so the solution is just type in command : trackViewNodes[#Max_MotionClip_Manager].track = copy trackViewNodes[#Max_MotionClip_Manager].track

Just for a seconds everything will be clear, its like command purge in Auto CAD..

Just wanted to say THANKYOU!!!!!!!!!!. My file was 708mb, now down to 37mb. It was using 23GB RAM just sitting idle, now is down to 1.3GB.

Saved my deadline.

Thanks Again

Andy.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried everything none of them worked but i type your script and works like a charm..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Andrew, could you please send me this files, i cant download any of these attached scripts here.

thanks

Just wanted to say THANKYOU!!!!!!!!!!. My file was 708mb, now down to 37mb. It was using 23GB RAM just sitting idle, now is down to 1.3GB.

Saved my deadline.

Thanks Again

Andy.

You can also copy and paste the following into the MaxScript listener window:

while (numNoteTRacks TrackViewNodes.Max_MotionClip_Manager > 0) do deleteNoteTrack TrackViewNodes.Max_MotionClip_Manager (getNoteTrack TrackViewNodes.Max_MotionClip_Manager 1)

Hi All,

I am also having same problem I am using Max2010 x64 with vray......My max file takes ages to save. I tried several method.....tricks...no use now I am force to make new model.......Please help me for future

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...