max file grew too big pls HELP

fadi3d

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have same problem when MAX save files 4-5 minutes. Both scripts (padre.ayuso's Motion Mixer Cleanse.zip and theqball's RemoveMixerReftargs_.zip) do nothing. Just nothing! In Dope Sheet are LOT of note tracks, but both scripts can't clean them. BTW, I use MAX 2011 Design, Win7 64 bit. Maybe scripts can't run on MAX 2011?

P.S. davistalexander's script helped to me. Many thanks! :)

the script i posted will work on both flavors, make sure you are executing it properly.

• 2 months later...
Here is another one in case it happens to any of you. Call it a "max virus" or call it a bug on the system, or call it what you will, but one thing you can check is "Motion Mixer" under "Graph Editors". If this file is full of lines and you have not done anything with it, your file is, what we call in our office "blotted". We found at one time, many years ago, a script that will handle it that is called "Motion Mixer Cleanse". Not sure where to find it, but I have it attached here. Hope that helps to anyone that runs into this problem.

Best

Thank you Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very much. I have no words...

Kindly Regards

i tried both scripts on my max design 2011 with the latest patch...seems not working or i missed out something? even if i create entirely new scene without merging any 'infected' files or objects, my scene takes very very long to save. did all i could, clear the Reactor collisions, run the motion n removemixerfrag scripts...now this is drving me mad. lost a lot of time just waiting for the damn file to save

i tried both scripts on my max design 2011 with the latest patch...seems not working or i missed out something? even if i create entirely new scene without merging any 'infected' files or objects, my scene takes very very long to save. did all i could, clear the Reactor collisions, run the motion n removemixerfrag scripts...now this is drving me mad. lost a lot of time just waiting for the damn file to save

Before I forget, "Compress on Save" ensure you have that checked in Options or customize, somewhere there, that one is important. Either way, I sent you an email and gave you an idea on how to send me the file, let me know.

yep that option was enabled....strange thing now, with a new scene, tried merging a single object from the 'infected' file and tried saving it....n wow....it hang while saving it! guess my whole file was corrupted and no way i can salvage it :(

• 3 months later...

Alhamdulillah (Thank God) there's a good hearted individuals who shares their ideas & problem solutions to other person. Here's a blog http://loadproject.blogspot.com/2011/03/load-little-tip-1-new-category-started.html#more which says; "After many attempts i finaly find the solution. For some reasons 3ds Max save information about some kind of collision in Reactor utility, even if you do not use it. So if you see numbers like on a picture bellow, click "Clear" button and be happy."

My max interior scene raised the file size up to 1.5gb & it doomed me for almost 5 days 30-10 min waiting for opening & saving plus 30-40 min autobak every hour. I've almost no time to edit the scene. You know what? after clearing the "collision" my 1.5gb max file size have reduced to 250mb. Autodesk should known this problem. I never used any animation coz I'm just modeling interior scene but max give me 29million+ collision records which eating 99% of my 12gb RAM when my max scene was open.

Clearing them is only a temporary solution. You'll get collisions again when you least expect it. There doesn't appear to be a fix for this problem for Max 2011 and below. Max 2012 doesn't have this issue because it doesn't feature Reactor anymore but the bug with the millions of track notes remains.

Max 2012 doesn't have this issue because it doesn't feature Reactor anymore but the bug with the millions of track notes remains.

We have yet to see a reproducible test case of the note track issue continuing to occur in a properly updated 3ds Max 2010 or later release. Usually the HF/SP is not installed or the data was already dirty to begin with, which the script cleans for you.

if you have something that repro's please send it here: http://www.autodesk.com/3dsmax-defectsubmission

• 1 month later...

Hello.

Recently I came across this thread and I was wondering my file size is getting huge and consuming lot of memory.

I have same issue bug with the millions of track notes. in my file there are appx. 11 million track notes are there.

I tried all the options which already been discuss in this thread.

Keep object----- Didnt worked out in my case.

Both the scripts didnt worked out for me. as didn't run on 3ds max 2010 and 12. tried both the version

I downloaded the script from autodesk which is running on both the version. and one more script which is from chaos group. Both are working fine.

But the problem is that they can clean 5,00,000 track notes in appx 1 hour time.

to remove 200 notes it appx takes 25 second. as number of notes reduced it clear more faster as the end 200 notes per secomd.

I have to clear appx 11 million track notes in one file which would take 20 days for me.

Please do help me and suggest something which would work out fast.

Thanx in advance

• 2 months later...

I've found the solution !!!! None of the above works, not even a scripts with my 2012 max x64, so the solution is just type in command : trackViewNodes[#Max_MotionClip_Manager].track = copy trackViewNodes[#Max_MotionClip_Manager].track

and after this : gc()

Just for a seconds everything will be clear, its like command purge in Auto CAD..

• 2 weeks later...

funny or not, all of your advices didn't work, so I was looking for help in many forums and thank to one russian guy who gave me this script it worked ... my file was 640 MB with nothing inside can u imagine... empty file ... and I had deadline to rich in few days.... this guy saved my project

I've found the solution !!!! None of the above works, not even a scripts with my 2012 max x64, so the solution is just type in command : trackViewNodes[#Max_MotionClip_Manager].track = copy trackViewNodes[#Max_MotionClip_Manager].track

Just for a seconds everything will be clear, its like command purge in Auto CAD..

Thank you very much. I began noticing some problems with some max files recently in 2012, and would even lock up Max if I tried to close the file or start a new one. One hour later after troubleshooting I found your post here and voila! Cheers!

good morning everyone :)

I was using vray and Character studio ,the scene file size raised with every save.

even when did not major changes.

you can also do this : file > new > Keep object and hierarchy.

for me,it worked, because when i kept objects only , Character studio's Biped didn't work

any more and my key frames,my lovely key frames ,were gone.

file size from 170 Mb was reduced to 1.5MB.

Thanks man !