What are you listening to right now?

CAD

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be listening to Sonic Youth in a couple of days when they come to town. These guys are old and they still know how to rock.
nice. i saw them for the first time last year. i have...

experimental jet set

confusion is sex

EVOL

goo

dirty

washing machine

murray street

i really need to add daydream nation.

i guess you can say i am a bit of a fan. i didn't really get into them until the mid 90's, so i had some catching up to do.

if you like sonic youth, you should check out 'blonde redhead' you might like them also. if you can find a rare out of print compliation called 'no new york' it is a handful of bands that predated sonic youth, and heavily influenced their sound. i can't remember the bands on it, but i know it has 'teenage jesus and the jerks', 'DNA', 'brancha' and a few others. i have a mp3 dub that i downloaded because i have never been able to find the actual album. ya i know, i am a theif.

Yea I like Blond Redhead too, but my wife usually listens to them more than I do.

I don't really buy a lot of cd's these days. I was for a while when I was single and had money to burn, but thats not really the case anymore. Now I mostly just listen to streaming audio. My form of support for the bands I like is when I go see their shows.

Really looking forward to seeing the Pixies in September.

Hey Travis - what do you think about posting the mp3 compilation to download? It can't be that wrong if its not even available to purchase anymore right?

the pixies play here in November. i don't know if you ever caught any of frank blacks shows, but about half of the shows would be pixies tunes. but it will be nice to here them played by the actual pixies. i was bummed when they cancelled lollapalooza. that was a crazy line up that included the pixies among several others.

check you personal messages.

The Pixies played 'T in the Park' here a few weeks ago and I have to say they were a bit disappointing.

I've been a fan since Doolittle and they just seemed.....tired? Maybe out of practice playing together.

Sonic Youth-I thought they were long gone. The last I heard of them was the Judgement Night soundtrack. (Great album, crap film.)

Worth checking out just for the Dinosaur Jr.(another great 80's band) track.

• 2 weeks later...

Hope of the States-The Lost Riots

Won't be listening to it for long though!

I bought it on the strength of one song and I should have bought the single instead.

I've tried to let it grow on me but it's dire!

• 2 weeks later...