Welcome to our Upgraded forums!

Jeff Mottle

POke around a bit and see how you can see user profiles and such. Let me know what you see. If there is no way to edit the stuff you used to be able to, I will look at upping the permissons.

hmmm, i cant see a 'thread tools' option, neither can i see how to, for example, delete users, disable posting for users, edit user's profiles. like we could before :)

[edit]

sorry, i see the thread tools :)

[edit]

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another problem, again, unless i've missed something -

i'm using the "new posts" option to show todays active posts, like in the previous forums.

but the list of active post seems to be getting shorter and shorter as time goes on. this morning i have 6 new posts indicated. now it only shows 3!

i've checked the 'show threads from last day' in the user cp, but no joy. :(

• Administrators
unless i've missed any of ur comments, but looking in the cinema 4d forum, its only showing 5 posts. where'd the others get to?

Edit your user profile to show all posts or use the display options from a certain time frame at the bottom left.

• Administrators

i'm using the "new posts" option to show todays active posts, like in the previous forums.

but the list of active post seems to be getting shorter and shorter as time goes on. this morning i have 6 new posts indicated. now it only shows 3!

I'm going to have to look into this one. I do see that if you are online. 900 seconds later any unread posts are marked as read.

thx 4 movin avatar and name

much easy to read now:!

after using it a little

i definitly like new search speed and new features!

very good!

the only thing (very small detail) is the colors on forum home page

new and old post indicator are too close from other colors

i liked that red and yellow stuff before

could be seeen in a fast down scrolling... not so easy/§fast now....

forum jump utility in user profile is very good!

• Administrators

STRAT, ok it's been fixed. The New Posts link has two options. One is Get New (which means it only gets the posts that you have not read or posts that have not been automatically been marked read due to inactivity) the other is Get Daily, which behaves like the other forum used to by rotating off posts over a 24 hour period. Be sure to set your time zone in your user profile so that it works as expected.

Let me know if this is ok now.

(hmmm, doesn't look like the 'view post number of times' option is up to scratch properly. i've numerously visited certain posts a number of times over the last 20-30 mins to test, with no increase in the number)

• Administrators

I've just enabled similar thread searching. Once you post a message to an existing thread it will do a search for similar threads and list them. Let me know how it works for you. It may not work on all posts.

• Administrators
(hmmm, doesn't look like the 'view post number of times' option is up to scratch properly. i've numerously visited certain posts a number of times over the last 20-30 mins to test, with no increase in the number)

Just got the response over at the vB support forums. thrread views are updated on the hour. I can do it real-time, but it is apparently very server intensive and not reccomended for busy forums.

Very nice indeed, glad you sorted out the avatars being on top...

I have just two questions/crits; Is it possible to quickreply at once without having to push the reply button, this way you actually can reply quick, i find the "first push reply then write and reply" a bit cumbersome, i know another forum im participating in wich has a "direct" quickreply, wich works like a charm...

Also i think the new posts icons on the left of the main forum area aren't as clear as they were on the last forum (wich had a clearly visible yellow color for new posts), but i gues you can't change that...

Other than that it looks great, search feauture is indeed so much better !!!,

Keep up the good job Jeff!!!!!!,

Jape,

Very nice indeed, glad you sorted out the avatars being on top...

I have just two questions/crits; Is it possible to quickreply at once without having to push the reply button, this way you actually can reply quick, i find the "first push reply then write and reply" a bit cumbersome, i know another forum im participating in wich has a "direct" quickreply, wich works like a charm...

Also i think the new posts icons on the left of the main forum area aren't as clear as they were on the last forum (wich had a clearly visible yellow color for new posts), but i gues you can't change that...

Other than that it looks great, search feauture is indeed so much better !!!,

Keep up the good job Jeff!!!!!!,

Jape,

Jape,

The reason for clicking on the icon opposed to just quick replying is because if you view the forum threaded, vB needs to know what posts were in reply to which others. Change the views to see what I mean :)

Though I know what you mean by a quick reply :)

------------------

Jerry vB

Development

new member, first post.

this site is a wonderful resource; i've been reading, watching, and admiring for quite some time.

i have not seen this issue posted:

i am not able to link directly to the forum from the 'latest forum posts' column on cgarchitect homepage. instead i recieve a message indicating that the forum has been upgraded.

is this something that is only temporary to let people know that the forum has changed, or is there something i am not doing?

• Administrators
new member, first post.

this site is a wonderful resource; i've been reading, watching, and admiring for quite some time.

i have not seen this issue posted:

i am not able to link directly to the forum from the 'latest forum posts' column on cgarchitect homepage. instead i recieve a message indicating that the forum has been upgraded.

is this something that is only temporary to let people know that the forum has changed, or is there something i am not doing?

Can you clarify what link you are trying to use? Rigth now you should update your book marks to either www.cgarchitect.com/forum or www.cgarchitect.com/vb

• Administrators

I've just modified the color of the new posts icon so that it is more visible.

Can you clarify what link you are trying to use? Rigth now you should update your book marks to either www.cgarchitect.com/forum or www.cgarchitect.com/vb
I think he is talking about on the homepage, the forum / Latest forum posts section under up close section. They are not linking to the latest posts. If you click any of the posts, says "We have upgraded our forum and it can now be found at: http://www.cgarchitect.com/forum Please upadate your bookmarks. "

Jeff, you are doing a great job to fix problems and respond on time. Thanks again

• Administrators

OK! Now I know what you meant. Yeah I forgot about that. I've just fixed it. Once I learn how to do RSS newsfeeds I'll integate a more feature ladden version into the new site. For now I've just done one that lists the latest posts.