Welcome to our Upgraded forums!

Jeff Mottle

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
Jeff,

How would one go about changing a custom avatar?

Awsome imrpovements!!!!

WDA

Sorry I forgot to assign that permission to Registered users. You can upload an avatar now. For now everyone has this ability.

because the counter stays where it is. i've been visiting loads of posts literally tens of times for the last 6 or so hours today, specifically to test it. and it's hardly budged. maybe it's increased 1 or 2, but certainly not the millions of times i've been visiting and re-freshing.

I'l look into it, but I wonder if that is unique views? Maybe one person can only register a single view.

good point. i didnt think of that.

can it be changed to every single view? only it's a bit pointless every unique view :p

every single view will also give us a much clearer idea on traffic :)

I've just modified the color of the new posts icon so that it is more visible.

Hi Jeff,

May I suggest you make it a bit more visible? Say, one blue (nothing new) and the other red (new messages).

I love the fact that it now knows which messages I saw on any system, so I can log on with different computers and the "new messages" reflects what's actually new.

Thanks, and congratulations on the new forum.

Alexander

good point. i didnt think of that.

can it be changed to every single view? only it's a bit pointless every unique view :p

every single view will also give us a much clearer idea on traffic :)

Strat I would have to disagree. If you visit a post 25 times and it shows 25 views I would think 25 people have viewed a post. Very misleading. However if you click a post 25 times and it shows 1 view then I know that only one person has looked at the post.

Has this been mentioned?

About the next/previous thread now being a pain in the ass to find, shoved in between post reply and the last post.

I think, especially in the gallery forums, there should be a next/previous thread buttons at the top at least.

Otherwise it is useless trying to navigate.

jeff a little something on that page:

http://www.cgarchitect.com/vb/misc.php?do=bbcode#imgcode

u can read this:

Images

The >
Usage [img]value

i think make got a bonus D.... or i lost my small english....

anyway i couldn't make an image appear in forum... can see fault but can't understand isn't it stupid? lol

why do my own post appear like new post on forum home page?

it's a bit confusing...

Dunno if it have been mentioned but what about the links in threads (the ones linking to other threads). Can they be updated cause now alot of links endup on the 'forum change' message cause they all don't have the correct /vb/ link behind it... so is it possible to correct this or can it only be done manual, wich is a good reason not to update them all ;)

• Administrators
Dunno if it have been mentioned but what about the links in threads (the ones linking to other threads). Can they be updated cause now alot of links endup on the 'forum change' message cause they all don't have the correct /vb/ link behind it... so is it possible to correct this or can it only be done manual, wich is a good reason not to update them all ;)

Yes that is a problem isn't it. I've mentioned it to the guy who wrote the importer, and he may be able to come up with something to fix it as it is applicable to all importers. No timeline on this as he has 10 more to write. ;-) If there are any mySQL gurus out there that want to take a look at writting a SQL statement to convert the threads let me know. I am not very well versed with mySQL, just MSSQL and ASP.

• Administrators
jeff a little something on that page:

http://www.cgarchitect.com/vb/misc.php?do=bbcode#imgcode

u can read this:

Yup I can, but I guess if you have never witten with tag based codes it could be a bit of a mystery.

All you have to do though is replace the html links provided in the example with your own and you can post images that way. Alternately, I would suggest going to your user profile and turning on WYSIWYG for the post editor. Do this:

Click "User CP" top left menu

Click the "Edit Options" link in the left vertical menu

At the very bottom under "Miscallaneous Options" change the message editor to "Full WYSIWYG Editing". Now you have an interface that is just like Word.

Hope tha helps.

well had already done that and can post an image tried all ways described on the page

but other peops can do it

so i am the problem

i willrepair my self i must be broke today.... lol

i'm sure tomorrow i'll post images without any prob

lol

• Administrators
Has this been mentioned?

About the next/previous thread now being a pain in the ass to find, shoved in between post reply and the last post.

I think, especially in the gallery forums, there should be a next/previous thread buttons at the top at least.

Otherwise it is useless trying to navigate.

Personally I've never even used next or previous thread links, but just for you Gareth I've edited the template just for you. Don't tell me I never do anything for you. ;)

Jeff,

any chance in having the 'whats going on' bit at the top of the forums page instead of the foot of the page, and in the top of the 'new posts' section too?

it's at the top in other forums, (and in our old forums) and makes it 10 times faster and easier to check, specially for us aging mods ;)

(btw, number of views still is knackered. even for unique views :p )