VRay Matte Issues

jab

I'm sure there is something small here I'm missing but I can't seem to find an answer anywhere. I am posting a simple scene in which I want to comp the chairs into the scene later, yet the subtle shadows aren't showing up in my comp. I rendered the chairs into the scene normally to make sure they did in fact exist and to show you the result I am looking for. Why are my shadows dissappearing when I comp the chairs in??

My process in going to the VRay props of the ground plane and turning on Matte/ -1/ etc. I've also tried using the VRWrapper material. I've checked and unchecked every combination I can think of here.

Any ideas??

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42385[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]42384[/ATTACH]

pencil.png

Hey to everyone that viewed this post and maybe is having the same question, I figured my problem out. I feel like an idiot but someone out there may have the same issue. Make sure your ground planes normals are facing the correct direction or that force 2 sided is on. I just shelled my ground to fix the issue but I guess Vray was "seeing" through my polygons and wasnt able to place the shadow matte on it correctly.