JUST CAN'T get my scene right

kasyensz

Hello guys,

Im working for a while now in a bedroom scene. I modelled everything and all the materials are on the models.

I just cannot find the right render settings and light settings, I tried sooooo much. Looked everywhere for lighting tutorials and tried them aswell, i will give me everytime a kind of orange effect. I just cannot get a nice bright scene.

My vray sun settings are default.

my light settings are now: skylight portal. (I tried to play with the multiplier and the temperature it just wont give me what i want)

Any help please,

I would really want to finish this render

Greetz

Kasparovic

Hi Kas!

from what i saw it seems like your burn value on color mapping rollout it's to high. Try to decrease it to half of what you've got (and if you see any changes that kind of matches what you had in mind, try tweaking it a little more). As for the orange effect, in my opinion, it's due to the light itself, it could be to high or it's making the color of materials leak.. but i'm not very experienced, let´s ear what others have to say about this. But in the meantime try to decrease the burn value on color mapping.

I won't go into render settings because every one has a different opinion and every scene differs. But I would suggest, if you haven't done it already that you investigate using an override material for the floor, with a light grey in the GI slot to help control your color cast.

If a slight color cast persists then, if using vray physical camera, look at adjusting color balance there.

This will at least give you a chance of getting a nice bright scene. You may want to just render out the scene with a grey vray mat in the override slot in the global switches in the render dialog first to help you initially define the right sort of lighting balance for your scene.

I'm sure you'll get many suggestion on render settings too.

Good luck.

Thanks all for the quick reply's

I wanted to let you all know that my problem has been fixed.

it wasnt the material. it wasnt the light.. it was the camera.

Some playing with F-Number (this one was way to low so the image was "burning".. iso and shutter speed gave me a good result.

Thanks

bye