.SKP to Max 2013 missing Scene materials???

tomelcott1

Evening folks,

Iv encountered a problem with a certain type of work flow and cant for the life of me find an answer anywhere...

I sometimes take a Sketchup 8 file, and import it into Max 2013. Everything was working fine, but recently when i import the .skp if i look at my scene materials (which i use to select by material) the sketchup materials dont display in my material editor? And if i use the V-Ray scene converter it doesnt convert my materials to V-Ray...

Iv also noticed that when importing my .skp the materials all come in as Mental ray materials... they used to come in as Standard materials as far as i can remember???

Anyone experiencing similar problems?

Help will be greatly appreciated...

Strange. Never Experience that with SU 7 and Max 11 though i didnt stick with that approach either. I'm thinking you should look at the options again when importing sketchup files into max. Better still save as a lower version from sketchup say 6 or 7 and import again from max. If thats too much trouble you could always use the 3ds format for your export from sketchup. Its never failed me before ;)