Distributed Rendering Issue

dpizarrom

Hello guys.

I know this has been discussed many times, but I have already gone through all the possible forums looking for an answer and still no results.

vray-dr-problem.jpg

After a lot of struggle to get the vray distributed rendering to work I still cant figure out why the textures aren't working for the node computer. I've already tried UNC paths.

One of the possible solutions I found was something related to services permissions (manage), but I could find the vray spawner service that the forums mentioned.

I understand DR is working, since at least the other pc is rendering.

Please help!

Hola compadre,

hey what you should do is first, disable all your firewalls on routers and windows it self, also check in your file that all the path are available, under references => asset tracking all bitmap should be linked, sometimes they render fine in your pc but when you send to a render noder, it wont show up. With all that it should work, if it does, then turn the firewalls one by one and see where is the problem.

The files that you mentioned are in program files/V-Ray/3dsmax2013 for x64/

hope this works ;)

salud!

Fco.

Hi David

I'm Chilean too, living in NY.

I got sick of that kind of issues, and other problems with network maps, permissions, and the random error here and there that would ruin entire shots.

My solution was brute but worked for me at least. I had a Local MAPS folder on each node (i had subfolders there too, HDRI, PROXIES, IES, WOODS, whatever organization).

I synchronized them with a little program called VICE VERSA PRO, so any time i changed or add some new maps, this program mirrors the whole thing to the nodes. It aslo tells you exactly what file is different or missing when compares folders.

You only need each 3dsmax to have the same external paths list for each node.

I know is very archaic, but as each computer reads its own files, there were no errors, or sometimes network lags reading the maps.

Also this works nice if you just have few nodes, not a render farm of course.

buena suerte compadre con tus renders.

saludos a Conce.

Sergio

Buena Sergio!

Gracias por tu respueta (como eres chileno, te respondo en español jaja)

Tengo una consulta. Con esto "You only need each 3dsmax to have the same external paths list for each node", te refieres a que cada folder y subfolder debieran ser las mismas en cada pc, cierto? Los mismos nombres? De manera tal que el node principal lea en c:/texturas/cielo.hdri, por ejemplo, y el node secundario, lo mismo, pero en su propio disco c:?

Saludos!

ja ja ja solo Chilenos en este post!!!

yo tambien quiero jugar :p

Hey David it did not work after disabling the firewalls. Most of the time firewalls are the main problem for all this network rendering problems.

Te contesto en Ingles para que todos los demas tambien aprendan de nuestros problemas ;)

Saludos conpadres!.

Fco.

Hola David, buena onda.

Jaja, si , te respondì en inglés por la misma razón que Francisco.

Exacto, la misma estructura en cada nodo.

yo tenìa C:MAPS.....y sub carpetas, o E:MAPS en otro computador, lo importante es que era idéntica y 3dsMax en cada path lo tiene correcto.

con Vice Versa, tu comparas por ejemplo Los nombres de tus equipos y ruta :

Pepito/C:MAPAS con Juanito/C:MAPAS con perico/E:MAPAS si en perico tienes tus archivos en otra unidad E:

entonces lo que hace es copiar los mapas adicionales de Pepito en el Resto, asì quedan idénticos.

Genial compartir por este foro.

saludos amigo.

ja ja ja solo Chilenos en este post!!!

yo tambien quiero jugar :p

Hey David it did not work after disabling the firewalls. Most of the time firewalls are the main problem for all this network rendering problems.

Te contesto en Ingles para que todos los demas tambien aprendan de nuestros problemas ;)

Saludos conpadres!.

Fco.

Buena onda muchachos!!!

Cool Guys.

Saludos de otro compatriota aquì.

Sergio

jajajajaj genial el ejemplo de pepito!

todo queda más claro ahora.

fco. todavía no pruebo lo que me dijiste tú porque el pc anda con problemas, pero hoy en la tarde le doy una vuelta.

muchas gracias a ambos cabros, se pasaron!