Looking for feedback to increase realism of render

1367687393.jpg

Studio/Institution: Resonance Media + Design
Genre: Residential Exterior
Software: Blender(Cycles Render)
Description:

Update to ArchVis project "Solis Vitrum House" - Worked on building structure, some textures. Still to do, interiors and wood texture tweaking. This is actually a Blender Cycles render, but would like to improve the realism of the shot, similar to what can be achieved with V-Ray.

I think it looks reasonably good, but I really love the way that some V-Ray renders really do look like photographs, and would like to improve towards that level of realism.

I know that few/none of the people here are using Blender, but I'm looking for cross-platform advice, then I'll figure out how to implement it. Any suggestions?

Hi

I think you need to play around with the lighting in this scene. You need to find some depth in the image. The sun seems to be in zenith and that often creates quite boring and flat renders.

Your materials and models looks too perfect to give it that final touch of realism. The road is not dirty, the lawn is too well cut as well as the ground is too flat.

Realism is all about the details. You have achieved an OK render except the lighting IMO, and now you need to work on the details to achieve the realism you're after.

Hope this helped.