Art Direction for the film " El Espejo de los Otros" by Ramiro AMK Fernandez

ramirofernandez

Hi there! My name is Ramiro AMK Fernandez, and I'm a passionate art director and audiovisual artist.

Recently I've worked in the art direction of the feature film " El espejo de los Otros" here in Argentina.

The brief was to create a virtual Gothic cathedral to use as the main scenario for the hole film, so I worked creating this space (I love architecture but I'm not architect) to build some parts in the real set and the rest of the environment in post-production. The entire film was done in about 7 months, 2 for pre-production / shooting and 5 for post-production.

After the release I've made this 3 chapters explaining all my work and as sort of a breakdown of each process I went through.

Chapter 01

Chapter 02

Chapter 03

Hope you like it and sorry for my english :)

Thanks for take the time to watch my work!

Ramiro AMK Fernandez.

Really excellent work!!

May I ask what software/hardware was used and how many people worked on the virtual part?

From the looks of it you didn't use any RT software (Unity,Unreal,etc)

Have you ever considered it? Do you think it could be a viable solution to get RT rotoscoping as feedback for actors and directors and the required pre-post output?

Thanks Erik for your comment!!!

For the modeling we use 3dsmax 2014 with Vray. I've designed the cathedral within 2 months and I've worked with 2 modelers for the interior and 1 modeler for the exterior in zbrush, then for props, lighting, shading, render,vfx and composition we were a team of 15 profesionals more or less.

We considered have a cathedral reference in lowpoly for the shooting, but it was too expensive for the production, and to be honest, this film was done with a lot of profesionals that don't have training in this new tecnologies, and that are afraid of "let them take control". So the shooting was more blinded for us and trusting in the post production stage.